5 dollar star note

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Xrperry, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Xrperry

Xrperry New Member

I found this star note yesterday. I did a serial number lookup and it's up the rare scale quite a ways. My question is how rare is rare? And approximate value?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nice and new but not worth a lot.

4. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Value will depend on the buyer's desire to have such a note.
    I'm a bit surprised at the rarity scale as there where 6 runs of these notes, but I do admit there is a lot I do not understand about paper currency.
    http://www.uspapermoney.info/serials/f2013_q.html

5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Most modern star note collectors prefer uncirculated examples unless the note is extremely rare, in which they may settle for an AU example. The OP’s note is not what I would describe as extremely rare and condition tamps down most of its premium. The series key is the Cleveland replacement note (MD*).

Nyatii likes this.
  6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

an odd or special serial number would help in value here, but condition
    is not that bad at all :)

7. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

1. I cashed a check a couple of weeks ago and 2 of the $20 bills had "Trump" written in red ink on the back of them. They were in numerical order. I tried to scan the back of the bills, but I kept getting error messages and would not scan. I know it wasn't the printer or computer because I switched things around and I could scan other items. Is there some type of safety code to prevent scanning them. I did photocopy the bills and tried to scan the copies. Any ideas?
    2. Also.... Should I turn the bills into the bank? Should I keep them?
    3. Thanks for being there.

8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Nothing special, just a stamp to infuriate non Trump supporters. Spend them.

BenjaminFranklin1959D likes this.
  9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

No worse than Where's George on a bill. Spend them. You did say you received them at the bank.

10. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

Jim, it's the Counterfeit Deterrence System, on many current banknotes - http://www.frenchbanknotes.com/articles/CDS.php

BenjaminFranklin1959D likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted