5 1969D no fg from my penny jar... any good?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by tomfiggy, Jun 27, 2013.

1. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

I just found out about the debate on the 1969 D Lincoln Cent with missing or very faint designers initials fg. I looked through the five 1969 D cents I found in the old jar and none of them have a good fg. The coins are pretty 69d nofg 1.jpg 69d nofg 2.jpg 69d nofg 3.jpg 69d nofg 4.jpg Image2719.jpg beat up so I don't think they are worth much but it's pretty cool that all of the ones I have are like that.

swamp yankee likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

They really should be completely gone to be considered the "no FG" coin (despite what you might see in slabs). I wouldn't consider them the Cherrypicker coin.
    Keep up the hunt!

4. tomfiggy

So I guess I should start e-bay with $600 "buy it now".... lol

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

go for it!

6. tomfiggy

I can't.. might get killed or something. I saw one coin with a phony BIE error and the guy wanted $900 "the big one". It didn't sell. The other guy reposted his 1921 peeling lamination for $350,000.00.....................................

7. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

Things like this happens on Ebay every day. Most of the time some corrupt seller will list something outrageous high then put a BUY IT NOW offer on it.They are setting a trap for some poor unsuspecting and unknowing soul to make a offer and the trap is sprung.

8. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

In many cases the seller does not know the value.

9. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

yes you are right , some of the sellers trying to sell error coins don't know the difference between a badly damaged coin and a mint error. Some of the sellers I have talked to even think that the coin is the die . Then others that I know actually know what they are doing and sometimes this plan works for them.

10. John st Clair

John st Clair New Member

I've got a 1969 penny missing initials on the back. 400$ call me 2562260250. I also have a 1943 steel wheat penny. I will take $1000 for both. 1200$ I will throw a 1941 mercury dime.

11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

12 cents worth of coins for $1200. What a deal.

12. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

I'm sure he just forgot a decimal place. Surely he meant $1.20.:wacky:

13. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I sure hope you didn't post your real phone number. Or maybe I do... :)

14. CHUCKCXB

CHUCKCXB Active Member

Boaz, Alabama lots of hot women , sweaty from the heat

swamp yankee likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted