420 note

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by UnCommonCents, May 3, 2016.

1. UnCommonCents

UnCommonCents Variety Collector

I really like these large size notes. I usually can't afford them. I think I got a good deal on this one at $25 and the serial just.... spoke to me.. what you grade this note? Fine? 20160503_065619.jpg 20160503_065745.jpg

Paul M., Endeavor, mikep and 3 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

VF30 - It is an excellent purchase at $25.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    UnCommonCents likes this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

VG-To many folds but a nice note for the price. :)

5. UnCommonCents

UnCommonCents Variety Collector

Thanks for the replies. Quite a spread between VG and VF.

6. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Even AU can have folds, just not as many as your bill shows. It does not seem to have blemishes or other paper problems. It is centered very accurately. Good bright inking. If it does not have pin holes, I would still stand behind my VF30 because the paper looks crisp and it is a very clean looking bill. With the signatures of Speelman and White, and being a blue seal, I would put it's value at $60. IMHO.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  7. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

I'll take a chance on the VF; seems better than the VG grade; would have to personally review; but VF for me -- that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

8. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

Far out man...

a cheech.jpg

Endeavor, UnCommonCents and Jwt708 like this.
  9. BaconPickles

BaconPickles New Member

I agree, looks VF30
    Can you see embossing on the Seal and SN by chance?

10. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

I'm not sure I'd go VF30 but it's definitely lower VF, absolutely better than VG. Solid purchase at $25.

11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

MEC2:
    I have a great idea which could generate interest in the forum. Be serious here. Put a numerical grade on this bill as I did. Then I have away to challenge your grade to the benefit of the OP. I or you will pay for the grading of the note. We test our skills to the fullest this way. No fast answers that are meaningless or a simple guess. Each member can do the same on any coin or currency. This stops the loose cannon's from going off and stops the very uneducated from commenting. They are here to learn. It also increases the chance of accurate judgement. Everyone learns this way. It's just a fun thing and all will benefit. I say VF30.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  12. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Looks like original paper, but it has more folds than a table at the World Series of Poker. I'd guess VF25-VF30. Get it into a currency sleeve before the center fold ends up being a tear.

13. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Going VF25 here. As Steve notes, a LOT of folds, hard ones at that, in the note. I think that keeps it away from a VF30. So I go VF25.

14. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

"I have a great idea which could generate interest in the forum. Be serious here. Put a numerical grade on this bill as I did. Then I have away to challenge your grade to the benefit of the OP. I or you will pay for the grading of the note. We test our skills to the fullest this way. No fast answers that are meaningless or a simple guess. Each member can do the same on any coin or currency. This stops the loose cannon's from going off and stops the very uneducated from commenting. They are here to learn. It also increases the chance of accurate judgement. Everyone learns this way."

Sam, his has some faults. As long as rules are followed, the rankest beginning member has the same right to post as anyone else. There can be no entrance fee of any sort allowed, including vowing to pay for grading if wrong, etc. We were all "uneducated " at some point, and I would bet that it didn't stop most people from commenting anyway. So nothing to discriminate among members rights to post. If you wish to go forward, please clear with Doug or Peter to avoid difficulties. Thanks
    Jim

15. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Jim;

I didn't mean to discriminate against anyone. In fact, I highly regard MEC2's purchases along with his judgement. I thought it would be fun to actually see what the TPG's would say. I don't believe UnCommonCents was planning to get it graded and this could be a way to get the grade authenticated. However, I can see your point and where this could get out of hand, so I will let things stand as they are. Thanks for your reply.

16. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Sam, from your reputation I realize that, and I thank you for your reply. Even the GTG threads get very chippy sometimes,and if money was involved on grading results, it could only get worse :)

Draft saved Draft deleted