400th Anniversary of the Mayflower

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Santinidollar, Sep 23, 2020.

1. BJBII

BJBII Metrologist, CSSBB

Sorry, I did mean that I ordered it on the Mint website between 9:05 & 9:10 am EST on 17Nov2020.

And received today:

1620-2020 Commemorative .jpg

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    buzzard and UncleScroge like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kena

kena Junior Member

I live in the UK but decided to ordered the silver set from the US Mint since for the price difference I could add the reverse proof silver medal to my order. My items have arrived to my my brother's place in Florida for them to sent over to the UK for me.

4. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Nice. Mine was paid for within the first 3 min. of going on sale and I'm still waiting. Shipped Thursday, maybe see it tomorrow. 5 days to travel 8.5 hours is about par for the course for shipping this month. I saw the UK was raking people over the coals for this set. I guess for the extra cost they committed the manpower to ensuring the COAs were correct before they went on sale.

5. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

Still waiting.... I have really enjoyed looking at the Mayflower Reverse Proof Silver Medal as well as the Mayflower Gold Proof set. I am so thankful that I was at least, able to get those two. I know I'm probably being Scrooge McDuck by grudgingly getting the gold set and the silver medal. I was lucky to get any of them. I also wanted the Silver 75 dollar, but had a doctor's appointment that I could not reschedule. Best of luck to those that got any Mayflower sets. They are beautiful, aren't they?

6. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I just got my set this evening. UPS finally showed up at 5:05 p.m. and handed it to me. Opened it up. It was packaged with so much haste the paperwork was upside down and the UK coin was inserted upside down. Not a huge deal, just amazing for a limited product that took 27 days to get in hand. Also received the gold rev. proof in the box. It was perfect. All three could probably get 70s if submitted. For now I don't think I will submit them though. Especially with the shipping nightmares going on.
    I know not everybody was a fan of these but I like them. The UKs coin looks better in person than in the pics. The only knock it had was it appears it has a little patch of die polish or something under the right flower next to the ship. I don't know if that would affect grade or not.
    I received the silver reverse proof weeks ago. I'm just glad to not have to be tracking this order anymore.

7. Jim Dale

I hope it is good news. It, finally, says that it is "SHIPPED". Let's see... it's been 37 days. I ordered the limited also. My wife said, "Enough is enough!" If she only knew.....

UncleScroge likes this.
  8. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

Got mine a couple days ago. Serial number 3236.

4FAE6789-5D13-4AB8-8C51-E3F30ECBABAB.jpeg

JCKTJK likes this.
  9. JCKTJK

JCKTJK Well-Known Member

I was able to still get the Silver set this morning at 7:31 am, i thought it had sold out or was currently unavailable? anyway order went through with email confirmation.

Danno44 likes this.
  10. Danno44

Danno44 Member

Same for me. The AGE flipped as well but wouldn’t let me add to the cart. But happy to get the 2 coin silver set.

JCKTJK likes this.
  11. Jim Dale

I finally got mine today, December 17th, 34 days. All's well that ends well, I guess. My number is 6882. I wonder if the Insert is put in the day the coin/medal were minted or did they just throw them in the box. As with every thing else with the mint is "catch is as catch can." I don't know what that means, but my mother always uses the term when anything crazy happened.

JCKTJK likes this.
  12. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

If my wife only knew also LOL, She will be happy down the road for sure.

JCKTJK likes this.
  13. JCKTJK

JCKTJK Well-Known Member

I share 99% of all with the wife just so that when i die she knows some what of the values so as to not take the first low ball offer that comes along, as a matter of fact i have two trusted coin dealers addresses and Phone #'s in the book to contact first and no matter what to never go to a pawn shop, the problem with one dealer is he is much much older then i but the other guy is a fairly young guy at the age of 50, but you never know, the older guy could out live us all lol she also knows how to check Ebay, PCGS, NGC and the coinflation site plus a few other sites to get an idea of current prices and that these are just a helpful guide and not final price values.

14. Jim Dale

I don't know if I trust the number on the insert. It would be a huge task to actually match up the Insert to the set. I like the insert as much as the coins. I have been lucky to get the 2019 Pride of Two Nations Set as will as the 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower Voyage Silver Proof Coin and Medal Set and the Mayflower Voyage Gold Proof Two Coin Gold Proof Set. I have bought a few Canadian Coins as well. The Mayflower Voyage coins and set are great.

Vess1 likes this.
  15. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

@Jim Dale I got #576. I think they're going out in order. Mine was paid for and confirmed at 9:03 a.m.

masterswimmer likes this.
  16. Jim Dale

How did you find out the exact time. I call right at 9:00. I would like to know the record the have. I'm sure there were many people with their fingers on the "Enter" button.

17. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I looked at the time on the clock when I got my order acceptance email and text. Now I know somebody who got their's almost exactly as the same time as me and they got #1604.

I would imagine the numbered COAs don't mean a whole lot. I'm picturing somebody sitting at a table with a stack of the sets and a stack of the COAs and taking them off the top of the stack and sticking them in whatever set is grabbed next. Mintage this low it really doesn't matter.

Jim Dale likes this.
  18. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

all 3 Mayflower gold coins are back on sale at the US MINT

JCKTJK likes this.
  19. JCKTJK

JCKTJK Well-Known Member

I wonder if these were reserved for the British Royal Mint, maybe the interest is not there so the remainder is now available at the US Mint??

20. JCKTJK

JCKTJK Well-Known Member

The SLV set is still available at the British Royal Mint but i didn't see the gold set?

buzzard likes this.
  21. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

they only did the two coin gold set not the rp and their allotment of the set sold out first day

JCKTJK likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted