400th Anniversary of the Mayflower

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Santinidollar, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Coin world posted an article on Dec. 4th about the Mayflower silver set delays. I guess the mint has been inspecting the COAs to make sure there aren’t duplicates? That’s been the delay. Their customer service can’t tell you that but Coin World can. So they were supposed to start shipping yesterday but mines still processing. It was interesting that the Royal mint sold 5k of the sets and they sold them at the British pound equivalent of $258 US so I guess we got them cheap.

lilacs in purple likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Danno44

Danno44 Member

The mint made a post on Facebook as follows regarding the silver set as mentioned by @Vess1
    [​IMG]

TypeCoin971793 and UncleScroge like this.
  4. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Thanks. Have never used Facebook so I didn’t see it.

5. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I bought mine in the first 10 minutes of it being offered on November 17th. I hope my set is one of the ones they fill. I did not get the gold reverse proof tho. It would have been nice.

6. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I got mine in the first 3 minutes and it's still processing but I got the gold rev. proof with it in the same order. I know someone else not here on CT who ordered it and their two coin silver set just shipped late this afternoon so they must be going out.

7. Jim Dale

I got the silver reverse proof and the gold set right away. I'm not at all surprised that the Mint screwed the silver set up. I've had several burps in purchasing from them. I saw several silver sets advertised in ebay. I'm curious if the Mint shipped out the silver sets before the found out they had messed up getting them together, ready to ship. I sent an email, asking what the problem was. As usual, I never heard from them.

8. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I haven’t seen anybody on eBay who actually had the 2 coin silver set in hand. Just stock photos until today. The Royal mint in the UK sold 5k of the same sets with different packaging. They got theirs out right away. Some of these have made it to eBay.

The US mint sold 9200 sets and afaik they just started shipping today and maybe yesterday. Took 23 days to get the COA situation figured out.

9. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

Sounds about par for the government

10. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Showing shipped this morning. Finally.

11. Jim Dale

Still showing "Processing"

12. BJBII

BJBII Metrologist, CSSBB

I received an email yesterday from the Mint that my order (the two-piece 400th Anniversary silver set and the Silver RP Medal) have been shipped.

13. Jim Dale

14. whopper64

whopper64 Well-Known Member

I purchased the 2020 Women's Suffrage coin simply because this fits into my heritage collection for my daughter & coincides with the purchase of her first house. She's very happy with the symbolism as well.

BJBII likes this.
  15. Jim Dale

My order number is USM08905254 dated 11/17/20. I was just wondering if you bought yours before I got mine in.

16. TypeCoin971793

My order number is USM08879187. I’m still in processing

17. BJBII

BJBII Metrologist, CSSBB

My number is USM08874520, 17Nov2020. This order was placed between 12:05 & 12:10 PM EST

18. TypeCoin971793

Mine just shipped

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Mine has shipped as well........It's about time. :)

20. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Mines 2.5 hrs away now but it says it won't be here till Monday by 9 p.m. I guess all the shipping companies are running 7 days a week including USPS.

21. Jim Dale

Still "Processing"

Draft saved Draft deleted