400th Anniversary of the Mayflower

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Santinidollar, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

Nobody wants these, no bids, no sales unless you count the reverse proof that sold for $417 on bids.

1,000 plus listings by newbie flipper wannabes. They returns and cancellations will be guaranteed

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

There's been several that have sold for 900 or more. Your search missed some results

4. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

Which ones? My search was Mayflower Gold

weird, I ran it again and there are more.

5. baseball21

The Reverse proof gold. They should be in there unless they're from sellers ebay is currently hiding from you

6. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

Thanks, found them. I don’t flip but seems silly to spend $715 plus break even fees at 13 percent for like $90 bucks profit pretax

Does anyone know a site which shows actual sale prices for items with buyitnow or offer? eBay reports the sold price as the buyitnow price, which is misleading.

The more I look the more confusing things get. Example: The 2 coin Gold cost $1500 to buy. Newbie seller with no store flips it for $1700 free shipping. With EBay and PayPal fees it’s a loss. Am I missing something or did seller say miss quite a few math classes?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  7. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Who cares about the flippers? Everybody's so worried about being greedy instead of just collecting the coins. A lot of collectors don't even know about them yet. $715 will be melt value in a few years.

8. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

I’m not worried at all, just bored at work. A 1/4 melt isn’t $715?

9. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

Ok Dokey, got the answer. EBay promotional offer -Zero- seller fees.

10. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

It's not now but give it a couple years and it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Hate to say it but since March 24th of this year the US Debt clock has added 4 TRILLion dollars as of today and the year's not out yet. That's over an 8 month period and we didn't even see the second stimulus package released that everyone wants!

I don't know when that becomes an 'alarming' rate of money creation but it took from George Washington to Ronald Regan for us to get to the first $1 trillion of debt. That's a lot of wars. Under the Bush admins 500 billion was shocking, for the year! Then Obama ran a trillion dollar deficit for one year and that was shocking.

Granted I bought it because I wanted it to collect, liked the design and low mintage. I'm just explaining why the intrinsic values should cause you to not break a sweat. Look back and laugh in 5 years at this rate.

Casman likes this.
  11. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

I bought a silver set because I liked it. Wasn’t planning on flipping it

Jim Dale and buzzard like this.
  12. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Just looked at the gold reverse proofs on ebay. As of now, 5 hrs after they sold out, 380 of the 5k or 7.5% of mintage offered are listed on ebay right now. 25 have sold for around $1k or less so this wasn't a big flip opportunity for people. Too many people looking to flip driving price down. Mine's not for sale.

13. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

And flips will be worse for some. I was asking a newbie flipper what he was doing as without a store, buying at $715 then selling at $800 free shipping with 13 percent total fees is a Loss.
    He’d said Ebay waived the fee with a promotion, but he couldn’t find it. Welp, I thought hmmm, that was nice of EBay, maybe some sort of newbie seller promo.
    He wrote me back hours later, said he’d found it: List 200 items for free.....smh

14. baseball21

Ouch. Free listings are very different than no fees. That said I do think this one will pick up a little momentum especially when seller listings like that get weeded out pretty quick.

15. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

I just learned about this trick:

Go to the original listing >> right click >> select 'view page source' >> press ctrl+f >> search for 'taxexc'.

You will be able to see the sale price not including taxes.

Casman and UncleScroge like this.
  16. meme18

meme18 Member

Back in stock now, guess after wannabe flippers cancelling orders.

buzzard likes this.
  17. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

Mayflower gold coins are available just picked up the reverse gold for my collection

18. meme18

meme18 Member

Out of stock again.

19. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

The reverse proof silver medals are available, But not for me

20. baseball21

Some always come back the next day on every product including the gold V75 from credit cards that get rejected

21. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

I had mild interest in the gold set, the price seemed high. I had a dentist appointment which made it had for me to participate in the feeding frenzy.

I checked this morning and saw that the gold coins were sold out. Collectors, who were not able to be on-line at 9AM were out of luck. Now it’s flipper time.

I am really glad I’m mostly done with U.S. coins. Between CAC and the games the mint plays, the fun is considerably reduced.

Draft saved Draft deleted