40,000 Buffalo nickels no date

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mintmark-s, May 7, 2010.

1. Louie_Two_Bits

Louie_Two_Bits Chump for Change

mintmark-s,

What was the asking price? And do you know how much they sold for?

-LTB

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mintmark-s

mintmark-s Junior Member

Good question I remember he said offer me $ 2,000.00 just flat 5 cent even each. I was so hard decide then I decide not need it because I cant afford 2,000.00 I will be broke money.

4. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

If I could get a large quantity of dateless buffs at face value (maybe not that many, that's a lot!!!), I would buy them in a heartbeat. And I would spend them. Do you realize how many people you could get interested, looking at their pocket change, perhaps becoming a collector? Literally hundreds, if not thousands.

5. grizz

grizz numismatist

...dateless buffalo nickels. dateless standing liberty quarters. dateless

walking liberty half dollars. many many of these developed this problem because

they actually circulated. sadly, a problem the prez bucks will never have. :rolleyes:

6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

That doesnt sound to bad! Probably make a little profit there!!

7. Space 4 Rent

Space 4 Rent Uber-Collector

Welcome to Coin Talk, I am glad to see you found the site. As you can see, there are a lot of very patient and knowledgeable collectors here.

I have a pair of cuff links that are made out of two dateless buffs. And I paid a lot more than the cost of two dateless buffalo's. I am sure the guy that bought them did well on his investment.

By the way, my brother and his wife are both deaf, and he is a collector as well.

8. cerdsalicious

cerdsalicious BigShot

I purchased 5,000 dateless buffs aonth ago. Have nic-a-date about 200 of them.
    Only three keepers. Two 1914/3
    one 1918/7 D.
    I don't regret buying. Haven't decided what to do with da rest.

9. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

Just those should make up for the whole purchase of the 5,000.

10. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

I bought 70 "no daters" a few weeks ago. Found a 1913-S type 2 w/o doing anything to it (the date was visible enough!). Dropped the rest in vinegar. Nothing amazing on the first batch (several '15s). Still waiting on the second.

11. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I try to respect every member as if I were them.
    U can not know a person till you walk in the a few miles in there shoes a my grand Dad told me.you don't know how well you have till u wake up in a hospital bed and have titanium for hips and parts of your back.

**********:thumb:
    I hope to see more post by mintmark-s

12. mintmark-s

mintmark-s Junior Member

Welcome Your brother is deaf and wife too Congrats he love it collector coins:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
    Hey My wife deaf too and she and I married will be Happy Anniversary 27 years in june 11:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

13. USCoinsInfo

USCoinsInfo Junior Member

I apologize for the rude comment I made earlier, it was uncalled for.

14. mintmark-s

mintmark-s Junior Member

welcome thank you

Draft saved Draft deleted