WTS: 4 Morgans: 1878 CC Morgan VAM-11 (raw), 1884 CC GSA NGC MS62STAR *TONED*, 1898 & 1904 O Toners

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by stldanceartist, Oct 7, 2019.

1. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

Good afternoon!

I have four gorgeous Morgan Dollars I'd like to offer for sale today.

Payment: PayPal (FF preferred; please add 3% for GS to help cover fees.)
    Shipping: Each CC coin will ship in a USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Small Box, the raw Morgans I can ship via USPS First Class. I ship coins and provide a tracking number the same day that payment is received.

*1878 CC Morgan Dollar (raw) VAM-11 "Lines in Wing"

1878 CC Morgan Dollar VAM 11.jpg

1878 CC Morgan Dollar VAM 11 - Eagle 1.jpg

This is a decent lower-MS example of a cool Carson City VAM with strong die gouges in the eagle's wings.

Numismedia lists a normal 1878 CC in MS61 at $384, MS62 at $396, and MS63 at $414. With the VAM adding a slight premium, I'd like to ask $400 shipped for this coin. Will include a thick acrylic holder with this coin.

*1884 CC Morgan Dollar GSA Hoard NGC MS62* (STAR)

1884 CC Morgan Dollar GSA NGC MS62STAR 1.jpg
    1884 CC Morgan Dollar GSA NGC MS62STAR Slab - Obverse copy.jpg

The first thing you notice about this coin is the gorgeous crescent toning on the obverse, which was attractive enough for NGC to award the coin the uncommon "STAR" designation for coins "with exceptional eye appeal for their assigned grade." Will include original GSA case and COA.

NGC Price Guide shows a retail value of $275 for the normal GSA/MS62 portion, but coins with attractive toning regularly sell for more than guide values. I am asking $350 shipped for this coin.

*1898 Morgan Dollar (raw)

1898 Morgan Dollar.jpg

A nice lightly circulated (almost what's known as a "circulated cameo" but still has lots of luster) common date with attractive double-sided toning. The reverse is the highlight here - a lovely rainbow encircles the eagle. I am asking $60 shipped for this coin.

*1904 O Morgan Dollar (raw) SOLD, THANK YOU

1904 O Morgan Dollar.jpg

Well, this uncirculated coin is simply a stunner - the entire obverse is attractively "end-roll" toned and dripping with luster, while the reverse is blast white. I am asking SOLD for this coin.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Noah Finney likes this.