$4.15 worth of coins bought at face value

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Joe Campbell, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Joe Campbell

Joe Campbell Well-Known Member

19ECA4AB-19CB-4E84-9A6A-E8A40B4387F9.jpeg 9AA41572-01E9-414B-8753-F62FD8EBCC67.jpeg Of course I had to pay to get these in slabs but I did pull them all from circulation. Was especially pleased to get the nickel into a PF70-DCAM slab. Not that it’s worth anything but I do believe it’s a legit 70 and was glad to see the holder reflect that. Only real disagreement was I thought the ‘72 type 2 IKE would be a point higher, but I also thought the ‘78 would be a point lower. Anyways, thanks for looking. 3941AFBD-59FF-43A4-8BFB-F3F25783DB4F.jpeg

Bob Evancho, tmeyer, Tater and 9 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Penna_Boy

Penna_Boy Just a nobody from the past

From circulation. I'd say that was a pretty good deal. Thanks for posting.

Joe Campbell likes this.
  4. Joe Campbell

FB772DC3-0917-4F1C-9A2B-2D6DE4F6C6A9.png A8F9F228-FD6B-4D12-9A3D-4F95CCB1463F.png
    Face value is my favorite price to pay!

C74DA987-9494-4BE7-B3F2-613BA3EDCE8A.png D1B06B96-A4E9-4306-8C9A-0BE2D950F124.png

5. JCKTJK

JCKTJK Well-Known Member

Very nice, did you use the ANACS 10 coin monthly specials to get them slabbed? it's a good deal!

Speaking of if anyone is interested, ANACS is running the $109, 10 coin special until the end of July, return shipping is included.

Did the Stone Mountain and the columbian Expo come from coin roll hunting? if so WOW, very nice finds:happy:

sorry for all the Questions lol:happy:

Joe Campbell and Mountain Man like this.
  6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Very nice. Congratulations

Joe Campbell likes this.
  7. Joe Campbell

Yup, used the $10 special. Didn’t know it was still running. I have a few more to send it.

yes, I found the Stone Mountain roll hunting in Savannah GA. It’s really nice. The Colombian expo is great (found in Washington state) but unfortunately it has an old light cleaning.

just for fun, all of those buffalo’s were found in the same day.

and the half dollar piles were from a 214 silver box.

JCKTJK likes this.
  8. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

why cannot i make the pictures bigger??

9. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

Get a BIGGER CAMERA! Ok I'm a Smart A** You got some nice coins. Jealous!!!

10. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

it is not me taking the picture, usually when you click on a picture you can make it bigger, lol

11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

12. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Wow what a deal good for you!

13. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

14. Cheech9712

15. JCKTJK

JCKTJK Well-Known Member

That is really cool!

16. nuMRmatist

nuMRmatist Well-Known Member

You got a proof nickel out of circulation ? And it graded 70 ?

When was this ?

17. Joe Campbell

I spend or leave all my no-dates laying for people to find. I do the same thing with low grade indianhead pennies. Unfortunately I can’t help you here.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  18. Joe Campbell

I found the nickel in circulation on January 9th 2016. I sent it off to ANACS in June of this year. Got them back early July. PF-70 is an accurate grade on the coin. I have Several other circulation found proofs that would grade the same.

Cheech9712 and JCKTJK like this.
  19. JCKTJK

JCKTJK Well-Known Member

Oh and i forgot to say with the ANACS special for July, after the 10 coin submission you can add GSA's for $5 each, i have two that i have been on the grading fence about so i will be submitting, if they come back at the higher grade i think i will probably re submit to PCGS, if not i am only out $10 for those two, actually i am sending three, i am sure the one is MS63, i am hoping for a 65 on the 83 and 84 CC's, we shall see:happy:

20. Cheech9712

Lucky duck

Draft saved Draft deleted