???????

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Walter Marx, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Walter Marx

Walter Marx Active Member

Has any one seem a 2011 like this? Grey and appears to have some doubling, I don't know though, weird to me. Fire away IMG_20181016_061355.jpg IMG_20181016_061045_1.jpg ,

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

Well based on your pics it appears to be MD as far as the gray I'm not seeing it.
    Dave

4. Walter Marx

Sorry , I'm pretty green to this.MD is machine doubling, rights? Is there a specific part of the machine processing that causes the doublijng It's only grey when held at a certain angle in the ligjt, I found that odd, camera may not pick that up.

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Looks normal to me. Toning with a bit of Die Deterioration Doubling.

When creating your thread only hit post thread 1 time. You accidentally created a duplicate thread. I reported the other thread so a moderator can delete it.

6. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

Yes MD (Machine Doubling).
    Dave

Walter Marx likes this.
  7. paddyman98

A true Doubled Die is when the image on the Die is being created.. Itvis doubled in error. It is not a double strike. It is 1 strike with a Doubled image.

Mechanical Doubling or machine doubling has to do with a chatter when the planchet is being struck. So it's worthless doubling.

Many new members and new variety searchers make this big mistake a lot.

8. Walter Marx

My bad man, didn't mean to do that . But thank you.ove got a bunch of coins that ate strange to me but I donrdwant to waate people's time by posting them all, what should I do?

9. paddyman98

Mechanical Doubling or machine doubling has to do with a chatter when the planchet is being struck. So it's worthless doubling.

Many new members and new variety searchers make this big mistake a lot.

Learn! From here - http://doubleddie.com/58222.html

Walter Marx likes this.
  10. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Patience is how animals in nature gets their nourishment, same for coin collectors. Put away any interesting coins a little research or mention in the forum might help you. I have a box of ??? coins that I will someday figure out better, don't be in a hurry.

Also collect URLS that people post with photos of truly error coins and not damaged. Don't use the posting in eBay ( half are wrong) or on etsy, etc. but ones where collectors have vetted such as these below

http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/index.htm ( left column, second line down ,variety search

is one I use often for the excellent photos and descriptions ( prices are not updated)

and
    http://www.varietyvista.com

There are many others, including specific denominations of coins.

Jim

Dave363 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted