3 red seal $2 bills gifted to me

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Myka Gilliam, Apr 10, 2024.

1. Myka Gilliam

Myka Gilliam Newbie hobbyist, just trying to gain knowledge

I do not need to have these in my possession because I am not good at keeping anything paperlike in good condition. They came in this envelope. Is there value to these greater than just the face value? They were in this small envelope (key for size comparison) folded up. 2 of them are 1953 and the other is 1963. BackgroundEraser_20240409_234103263.jpg BackgroundEraser_20240409_234232416.jpg BackgroundEraser_20240409_234401180.jpg BackgroundEraser_20240409_235258808.jpg

alurid, dwhiz, paddyman98 and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Common, circulated $2 LTs. In their condition, they’re worth face value. It’s OK to unfold the corners. Stick ‘em in some currency sleeves to keep them from getting more damaged. If you need some, just message me and I’ll give you some.

Myka Gilliam and dwhiz like this.
  4. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

From uscurrencyauctions.com updated 10 April 2024…

circulated F-XF 1953 series red seal ( United States Note ) is listed $2.25-2.50.
    So, real close to face value and folded means circulated.

But…the 1963 is listed at $6.00. I don’t know why the disparity, but my gut instinct is tellin’ me it’s because fewer were printed. I would have thought the opposite: that the older were more $$…imo…Spark
    @Myka Gilliam

Myka Gilliam likes this.
  5. Myka Gilliam

Myka Gilliam Newbie hobbyist, just trying to gain knowledge

Well then, anybody want some free money? Since it's only face value I'd rather just give them away

Heavymetal likes this.
  6. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

Buy yourself something in different places and use one of the $2 in each transaction. It will allow others to find them and learn what they are.

7. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Good call Insider, except we can't buy a candy bar, a pop and some Gum for the whole neighborhood for that.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  8. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Send ‘em to me.
    I’ll improve their looks, put them in currency sleeves and send ‘em back to you.

Myka Gilliam likes this.
  9. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

They're perfect for $2 bets on the horses.

Myka Gilliam likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted