3 pennies that have bizarre errors is there value?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Lyrics, May 26, 2016.

1. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

That's no way to talk about my car. :p

-jeffB and rzage like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The 56-D is a fun coin. Nice find.

Lyrics likes this.
  4. Lyrics

Lyrics Giving this one more chance with lots of hope

I have about 3000 pennies and nickels and Canadian coins he saved to go thru.

The 85 is damaged but came out of a roll of perfect 85 coins. The copper looks like plating on top of some sort of dime material ad if you look close enough it appears to have other letters and dates all over it. The 5 is stamped strangely. All the marks are from the mint it appears.

So wish me luck I don't really know what o am looking at but I will be sure to share it with you.

One of my cousins said I should be able to buy a mansion with these. I'm not sure that's true in aNY way, but it's been fun so far.

5. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Since 1982, US Cents have been copper-plated zinc; what you're seeing is exposed zinc from the cladding being shredded. Zine being the reactive metal it is, that coin will be unrecognizable in a few years.

To give a perspective, there are some Cent enthusiasts - roll searchers - for whom 3000 coins is a week's work, and two or three a year whose value matches that of your 1956-D would be a good year for them. Don't go mansion-shopping yet. :)

Paul M. and tomfiggy like this.
  6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

:)

7. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

I just finished last weeks box of 50 rolls. Nothing.... Week before last I found a minor 1989D DDR value approx. $12. Going to pick up a box tonight after work.. Wish me luck.. LOL

8. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Good Luck!

tomfiggy likes this.
  9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

:)

Draft saved Draft deleted