3 Hours later and a sore neck.

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Detecto92, Feb 27, 2012.

1. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ikandiggit

That's funny you want to find errors, but you don't want to work for them.

4. ChesterCoperPot

ChesterCoperPot Junior Member

I don't see anything in his posts indicating he's wanting to find errors. So yes it looks like he is unwilling to put in the time. I don't see a problem with it, everyone has different goals, and different interests that's what makes CRH so fun. If you are just merely interested in Silver, Copper, or Wheats, old coins, etc. you can search for those. If you are more serious you can dial it up a notch and look for errors, numismatic, etc. Some folks just aren't in it for those reasons, so yeah I guess you could say it leaves more of those potential coins for those who are. That's all.

5. ikandiggit

In a previous thread, Detecto was asking about finding error coins. That was what I was referring to.:)

http://www.cointalk.com/t201571/

6. ChesterCoperPot

ChesterCoperPot Junior Member

Okay gotcha. Oh one more thing I forgot to mention too is doing the Whitman/other-like folders. That's one think I like to do. I'm not quite into the errors, but hey more for you guys to find though.

Cheers

7. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

Is CAM closeAM?

8. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

9. model77

model77 Silver Stacker

can someone post some pics of the WAM and CAM. I think I understand the CAM but the WAM is really subtle and hard to notice isn't it?

10. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

It's not too difficult to distinguish, the fg next to the memorial helps a lot too I'm on my phone so I can't, post links but just google cams and wams lots of information out there

11. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Here's the reverse of a '99 WAM someone here sent me to photograph for them.

[​IMG]

12. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Idiot proof? Would be nice, but unfortunately, no. Time, patience, and experience are really the keys.

There are a few sites that may interest you; coppercoins.com, the Lincoln Cent resource, doubleddie.com, as I am sure there are others too. If looking simply for fun or to work on your eye, start checking late LMC reverses (around the statue). There are literally hundreds of minor doubled dies that can easily be found, most often on coins dated from the mid 1990's and later. RPMs are very common and easily identifiable on late date wheat to early 1960's LMC's. As you can tell, there are quite a few people here who are fond of the WAM coins and these can be easily be picked even by the novice eye. There are huge number of doubled dies in the 2009 bicentennial series and most formative years (LP2) coins are easy attributions. Kennedy half dollars from the 1970's are loaded with minor doubled dies. The key is knowing what you are doing and what to look for.

Get yourself a good loupe and be willing to take the time to learn. If this is something you stick with, sooner or later you may be surprised at what you can find. Good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted