3 Consecutive $100 star notes

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by GlenAndAnn, Mar 3, 2012.

1. GlenAndAnn

GlenAndAnn New Member

We have acquired (3) $100 star notes from the 2006 series. The serial numbers are HK 03203880, 881, and 882. They are all in excellent condition with no creases. We are wondering what they are worth and if they are worth more because we have three in sequence?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

the dallas notes are the most expensive from the 2006 series. can you scan or take pictures of the notes. that can really determine if you got something really good there. they do appear to be from a print run of only 80,000 notes, in uncirculated condition the book for $250 each. now having 3 consecutive could bring more of a premium. the problem is that since they are $100's they are going to be harder to sell.

4. GlenAndAnn

GlenAndAnn New Member

Here is a Picture and More Details

Sorry if I am not able to include an appropriate sized picture but I will try. Having scanner problems and short on time. I forgot to mention that they all have an ink mark on the lower left corner which looks to be a defect during printing that we were told may also increase the value. They are not uncirculated bills but are in excellent contion and are in plastic sleeves. We appreciate your comments and input.

Hundred Dollar Bills.jpg

5. GlenAndAnn

GlenAndAnn New Member

We would appreciate input from everyone who has knowledge about the value of these bills. Thank you!

6. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

the notes do look in pretty good shape. almost uncirculated. i think the mark on the bottom corners are actually marker and that will hurt the value of the notes. i have seen that a lot from working at a bank for years. in that condition not including the ink marks i would say they are probably worth $200-225 each. having them consecutive helps. the biggest problem is selling $100 notes. its really tough to sell them because of just the fact of their face value. you would really need to find a collector that has to have them or you might have a hard time even selling them. good luck. :thumb:

7. GlenAndAnn

GlenAndAnn New Member

Thank you for your comments. We do want to sell them. A local collector said they were too new for his collection. It seems as though that would be the time to buy them because the value should rise as they get older. We will keep looking for a buyer because we are not collectors. Thanks again!

8. Roger HD Muller

Roger HD Muller New Member

I also have 3 $100 bills in excellent condition and are also consecutive serial numbers.From 2009

Draft saved Draft deleted