3 coins in one?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by bruthajoe, Oct 25, 2020.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Mr.Q and expat like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

De acuerdo, no me gustan ellos también
    pero,
    algunas personas les gustan

Mr.Q and paddyman98 like this.
  4. BJBII

BJBII Metrologist, CSSBB

Pretty harsh . . . If someone thought they were going to profit by trading these "coins," I'd say "too bad." But if they were purchased because they were inexpensive and the buyer thought they were interesting, then I'd say, "so what."
    I see many coins purchased where the buyer just wanted it and wasn't looking for an investment.
    "..overhyped and overpriced.." could easily describe most of the coins coming out of the U.S. and Canadian mints.

bruthajoe likes this.
  5. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

My post that you quoted was really in response to the OP's question "Cook Islands? Why cook islands? Elizabeth?" I was also mistaken about the origin of the issue. I thought it was a private issue like all of those rip-offs that popped up on TV after 9/11.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005/coin_scams.html

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    bruthajoe likes this.
  6. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

Well, if you purchase one of the supposed 1/10th oz Cook Island gold coins thinking it's one tenth an ounce of gold, you just got schnookered. Here's an eBay listing I just found (one of many). It's 0.24 percent gold, but listed in the one tenth gold content section:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-First...325700?hash=item217aa18204:g:lPwAAOSw~rBfdGgz

bruthajoe likes this.
  7. bruthajoe

bruthajoe Still Recovering

It's gone now but I absolutely believe it.

Two Dogs likes this.
  8. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

bruthajoe likes this.
  9. bruthajoe

Two Dogs likes this.
  10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Like other private mints, National Collector's Mint is out to make money, so offer the public jewels and bauble's in hopes of a profit. Silver stackers like some of their designs and will buy them.

bruthajoe likes this.
  11. bruthajoe

"Collectables" seem tacky to me, they have a special place and we all love them. I have some myself...

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted