3,500 post contest.

Discussion in 'Contests' started by snaz, Jun 10, 2010.

1. snaz

snaz Registry fever

Ok, here's the deal. I'm working on a "super secret project".
    It involves everyone and anyone who wants to participate. In order to get it flowing I am going to throw a contest. Which will also conveniantly be at the rough time I hit 3,500 posts.
    Here's the rules:

1. Be a member of Cointalk.
    2. You must write an educational article on a subject you feel you are educated enough to write an article on.
    3. You MUST give me consent to use YOUR article however I wish. (You will be given credit, as well as reference, I will not claim to own any articles written because of this contest)
    4. You are required to include photos in your article.
    5. You must post a link to the article in THIS thread.
    6. Please title your new topic like this-->
    EXHIBIT *name here*

All you have to do is put "EXHIBIT" before the title of the thread.. Sound easy enough? If all this talk about TOTW and Clinker award hasn't been enough to entice you to write, perhaps this will.​

I will be giving away an ancient as a prize, (I don't have photos on this computer, but it is very cool) and I will pick the winner as I feel is justified.
    The article I feel is most impressive, inclusive, and detailed will be given the prize.
    This contest, maybe not necesarily the contest but the result of, will go down in cointalk history. Be sure to get in on this contest. You will not regret it!​

If you collect franklins, Seated designs, barbers, books, notes, canadian, mexican, counterfeits, if your a chemist, I don't care! I want it all! Please, lets get as many articles as we can!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Wow seems hard, don't know how I will compete with some of the great minds here.
    This will be a great contest.

4. The Penny Lady®

The Penny Lady® Coin Dealer

Does it have to be about a specific coin or type of coin, or can it just be coin-related? So, just to clarify, we need to post the "article" in CoinTalk and then link it in this thread?

5. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

Here is a post I made back in 2008. Unfortunately, I messed up the text size, but hopefully that won't matter.

http://www.cointalk.com/t45569/

I'm going to update that thread with a better picture after writing this!

If you use this, please be sure that the last sentence is included. I want to be sure that it is understood that much of the content was found on the net.

6. snaz

snaz Registry fever

You'll be fine Travis.

Nope, no specific anything. Write up anything you want.

Cat, unfortunately it has to be a NEW thread posted on Cointalk. Although I am going to have questions for you about that thread later on.

Need more interest than this!

7. rockdude

rockdude Coin Collector

Tihs cnotset is tlotaly out of my leguae.

8. snaz

snaz Registry fever

I realize this sounds daunting, but please.. Just think about it as another thread.

9. tmoneyeagles

Is there a minimum or maximum number of words or pictures?

10. snaz

snaz Registry fever

Nah, I don't think so, just give'r all ya got. I know how you write, and the detail you give I don't think I need to worry about you cutting corners just to get an entry in...

11. The Penny Lady®

12. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

13. snaz

snaz Registry fever

It's true, it is appreciated. But the "EXHIBIT" part is just for ease on my side of things. Nothing serious, and it certainly won't end up disqualifying you from the contest.

14. The Penny Lady®

15. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

I see rule 3, but just clarifying: I can still use the article however I want as well?

Just to make sure before I write an extensive post (because I'd like to use it myself)

16. snaz

snaz Registry fever

Yep, it's all yours.. as long as you know I will be using it eventually, and I by entering it in the contest you are surrendering it to me to use.
    Maybe surrendering isn't the right term... it will be ours to use as we wish. But let it be known, wherever I end up using these articles credit will be given where credit is due.. I will NEVER EVER claim to have written anyone's article.

17. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

Cool beans, I'll get started then :)

18. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

thanks for the contest :D i'll see if i can come up with somethin

19. Penny Fanatic

Penny Fanatic Seated Half Collector

When does this have to be done by? I'd love to try, but I'm going to be very busy the next few weeks :desk:

20. tmoneyeagles

Do you have to use your own pictures? I would think there would be a problem with that, publishing it, and then calling it your own.
    For my thread I was planning on using pictures from heritage and elsewhere, I can't use my own as I don't have the coins to do so.

21. snaz

snaz Registry fever

I have already emailed Heritage asking permission. Just waiting on them to get back to me.
    Go ahead and do whatever you want, it will still be eligible for the contest, if nothing else.

Draft saved Draft deleted