3 1969 d pennies.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Ruthlankford68, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Ruthlankford68

Ruthlankford68 Active Member

Figured I'd get these three out for opinion. I read they are valuable, however after what I've learned I realize condition is very important. Hoping for a surprise. I need value. But...lol IMG_20200214_031222_3.jpg IMG_20200214_031222_3.jpg IMG_20200214_031222_3.jpg IMG_20200214_031222_3.jpg IMG_20200214_031203_3.jpg IMG_20200214_031155_6.jpg IMG_20200214_031111_7.jpg IMG_20200214_031018_3.jpg IMG_20200214_031005_3.jpg IMG_20200214_030901_9.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Really? Where?
    They look like normal circulated cents. Millions were minted in that year.
    Yes they have to be in much better condition to be worth a little bit more.

David Wiles likes this.
  4. Ruthlankford68

Lol. Ok. I can take a hint. I won't show anymore 69's . But I can't wait until I can do the TA DUH!! Moment and blow socks off. I thought one was a little doubled. Hoping to be right. But was pushing my luck.

5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Not sure where you got the idea they're valuable, but they're worth one cent apiece, despite the fact they're 51 years old now.

David Wiles likes this.
  6. Ruthlankford68

Well in the coinFacts it says that they are in certain cond'. I realize now they aren't anything but false hopes but it was almost worth a shot. Thank you.

Kentucky likes this.
  7. lordmarcovan

Those are in OK condition for circulation finds, but nowhere remotely near the sort of condition rarity you'd need for them to be worth something.

8. Ruthlankford68

Thank you. Wow so much more to learn. But, I did manage a Ms or a Bu this morning. I'm very excited no matter the value. Thank you for helping me realize what I gotta have.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  9. lordmarcovan

Well, that's definitely the right attitude to have. Good luck.

David Wiles likes this.
  10. Ruthlankford68

11. lordmarcovan

12. Ruthlankford68

Lmao! I have a daughter who has had a double mastectomy a complete hysterectomy and part of her intestines and stomach removed. Then survived spleen cancer. She is only 32 and has 4 georgeous grandbabies. I'm definitely a winner everyday!!!! I was hoping extra income. But with all I'm learning I'll get there.

13. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Technical term:

spare change

14. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Hi @Ruthlankford68 and welcome to CT. Yes, there are sources out there that will lead you to believe that pocket change can bring wealth. I been collecting coins for fifty years and am far from wealthy!! However there is much joy to be found in the rich history of our coins. Enjoy!

Chuck_A and Hommer like this.
  15. Ruthlankford68

I am really enjoying myself much more than I thought I would. I hope to eventually have something great. And I will. I feel it. Never give up. Fun!

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  16. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

to start learning about grading you can first start doing comparisons.
    This webpage can help you with the basic visual comparisons
    https://www.pcgs.com/photograde#/Lincoln/Grades

most of the time people are very gratuitous to the coin in hand compared to the one in the picture. If you really start becoming unbiased, and look at all the scratches, wear etc and compare it to the pictures (by zooming in etc) one can really learn a lot and start understanding the larger variance in grading, if at least from a general sense.

17. Ruthlankford68

Thank you for the info and encouragement. I will use the info I'm given to become a better coin collector and eventually be good at it. It all takes time. And correct knowledge is priceless. Thank you.

Chuck_A and JeffC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted