29th year of kuang hsu hu poo silver coin

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Beny, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Beny

Beny Member

Hi I got this coin and want to verify it whit you by the marks and wigh it's seems legit what do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Beny

Beny Member

Any help guys ☺

4. Clutchy

Clutchy Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm not much help on this, but I must say.....

The title of your thread made me laugh lol

Jwt708 likes this.
  5. Clutchy

The man has been pooing silver coins for 29 years! How come I never of him?? :D

6. Beny

Beny Member

The poo part it's a bit funny

7. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

It's a modern fake of a China Empire tael. The genuine coins are very rare and bring 6-figures at auction.

8. Beny

Beny Member

How can you tell it's fake?

9. Clutchy

It looks casted.

10. Numismat

Compare to pictures of the real thing, the details are much lower quality. It's also a pretty commonly seen fake.

11. Beny

Beny Member

12. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I can't understand what you're saying here, sorry. I don't know these coins but looking at the pictures of the one you provided I don't like the look of the denticles and I think the design looks mushy like on counterfeit US coins. Counterfeiters can use the same metal to make a counterfeit coin and get it to weigh correctly.

Numismat likes this.
  13. Numismat

The tael was a coin for trade, it was like an advertisement to the world. As with other trade dollars, they were made to the highest quality and standards. You can see a lack of this quality in the coin you posted.

14. Clutchy

Congratulations. Your fake is a better fake than most. How much did you pay for it?

15. Beny

Beny Member

I bought it at local flea market didn't cost much but did catch my eye for its good detail

16. Clutchy

Well that is good news. It does look nice. When I was kid, I thought I spotted a Schwinn Stingray bicycle frame at a garage sale. I bought it, and was excited until my father told me that someone with a welder made it lol

Beny likes this.
  17. Beny

Beny Member

I a always try to spend small amounts and most of the time just sell later an eBay ☺ and always hope to one time will hit the jackpot

18. Antonio vega

Antonio vega New Member

19. Yade Ivy

Yade Ivy New Member

I have a this very same coin I had found at a neighborhood shop near my home. the coin was given to me by the owner of chinese heritage and told me to keep it safe. it’s very old yet in good condition and the details are spectacular. For pics and a opinion pls contact @ [email redacted by moderator per forum rules]

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2020
  20. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

Just post the pic. It’s probably fake though.

Draft saved Draft deleted