29 Cents per CoinTalk Lesson

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JeffC, Jan 8, 2021.

1. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

When 2020 came to a close, I jotted down some of the stuff I learned. Here they are. There's more, of course - but here's the first 100. Most are simply terms and abbreviations that will bore the experts here. But I didn't know them. Some are interesting subjects or helpful hints that I've read.

100 CT Things.jpg

In 2021, I suppose there'll be more subjects than abbreviations. #33 is interesting. I used to look at that coin and wonder where the second eagle is. But today, I know. #46 is also interesting. I now know why the $2.50 Indian Head Gold piece was incused and also why that design didn't last.

My student discount rate was $29. So that's $0.29 per lesson. And actually, there's more than 100 lessons. So it's quite cheap, really. And there are no mid-terms or finals. Then there's always the entertaining posts from people who insist they've found a doubled die regardless of whatever the experts say, and the arguments go on for pages. I put a bag of popcorn in the microwave and those "lessons" come free!

Thank you to all you CT folks here. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Happy to see that CT is doing well for you. I used to get in trouble for reading the great CoinTalk arguments/discussions in class while I was in high school, they are very entertaining to read especially when 10+ pages long.

hotwheelsearl and JeffC like this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Wow.. Good for you! Interesting list and thread!

JeffC likes this.
  5. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

In grad school I would get in trouble for zoning out to many cointalk page whilst supposed to be discussing some book I had not read...

YoloBagels and JeffC like this.
  6. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

Bet you nobody does that in ANA Seminars, LOL.

YoloBagels likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted