??

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JayDC123, May 21, 2016.

1. BATTERup646

BATTERup646 Active Member

You know, exactly a year ago I went on holiday to Washington. I saw the derringer, and it was dwarf sized. About 7" long.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JAY-AR

JAY-AR Well-Known Member

Hey, I got the replication of what happened in the theater prior to Jay's coin with the hole in the head......Batterups pic matches the bullet path to mine a little better.. 1918 Lincoln Planchet Error.jpg

4. BATTERup646

BATTERup646 Active Member

Mine was a little higher, say half-half.

5. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

Fun Fact:
    President Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy, and advised him not to go to Ford's Theater.
    President Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln, and advised him not to go to Dallas.

Also, Booth originally had a plan to kidnap Lincoln, but that didn't go so well.

6. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

The problem with the fun "fact" is that Kennedy didn't have a secretary named Lincoln.
    Several of the "fun facts" of the Lincoln/Kennedy coincidences are not true or are exactly that, meaningless coincidences

But you are right Booth originally planned to kidnap Lincoln, but I believe that was in Baltimore when Lincoln was passing through on his way to Washington for his second inauguration.

Insider likes this.
  7. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

OK thanks, had it backward.

9. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

I know that feeling...I "liked" your post. I read something on Snopes about that "fact."

10. lincoln

lincoln Large Member

Besides that, how did you like the play Mrs. Lincoln?

11. JayDC123

JayDC123 Member

How bout this

Attached Files:

12. JayDC123

JayDC123 Member

13. noname

noname Well-Known Member

14. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

noname likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted