27.4 Ancient Gold Coin

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by thetennispharao, Sep 18, 2005.

1. thetennispharao

thetennispharao New Member

It was dug up from Upper Egypt..

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

I mean this in all seriousness - before going to pick that coin up, I'd talk to an attorney if I were you.

4. Ian

Ian Coin Collector

Why is it that I just can't bring myself to believe a word of your story?

What I suggest you have your brothers friends grandfather do is to take the item along to the museum in Aswan. You know, the one up at the top of the hill from the Coptic church? I'm pretty sure they will authenticate it for him, as well as inform him of the penalties for illegally exporting such artifacts from Egypt. That is IF the item is found to be genuine.

You won't find a buyer / sucker here.

5. thetennispharao

thetennispharao New Member

Alright Ian.. Thank you so much for that.. and just to let you know.. an e-mail was sent to cng with 15 pictures of the coin and they are ready to buy or auction it....
    and the coin is already gettin authenticated in Luxor...
    so.. Thankx for your help.. and as soon as it gets to the states. i will authenticate it for you one more time..
    Thank you so much for your help sir..
    i really appreciate it.

6. Ian

Ian Coin Collector

You are of course most welcome. You don't have to bother yourself to authenticate the coin for me. After all, i'm not interested in buying it.

I have been led to believe that it is totally illegal (as in a criminal offence) for any ancient artefact (including coins) to be exported from Egypt. That's enough for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted