?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by teachmind, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

For any of that to be true, the same die would have to have been used to strike coins of different types and sizes, which is not possible.

paddyman98 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

no I am not saying that at all read the back in this topic

4. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

I tried, but I honestly have no idea what you are saying. Best of luck.

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

ok thank you I am not finish I will do my best to make it understandable.
    using a dollar, half and a quarter.
    stack complete1.jpeg
    I lined up the R's in the word DOLLAR... I know its dumb but please try it I will continue with......

6. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

did I just read something similar to this another post. that horse has been beaten enough

7. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

I am just trying to prove my theory....that's all. AHHHH I want to quit please tell me you guys want things to be the same its so much simple for me. if you do want to continue.... wait whoever created this hobby left out something's to his, hers or there's creation. I was going to simply fill in what was left out. no matter how much its design to cover up it will eventually start to show. is there anyone out there besides the members. I can be much help with what you people are trying to do, because I can see it all contact me (wait) hey CoinTalk is it ok if I post my e-mail here in this topic? It might just be for nothing. THANK YOU!

8. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

No one created this hobby...that's where you are errant right of the bat. No one sat down one day and said "hey I think I'll create a hobby called error coins." The niche of numismatic error collecting has evolved out of the process of minting coins and medals. When things go wrong, it creates errors, those error escape the watchful eye of some mint employee and that coin falls into the hands of a numismatist. This hobby was created the moment the first coin was ever struck on a minting press and the coin didn't turn out the way it was supposed to. Someone found that interesting and it went from there.

paddyman98 and silentnviolent like this.
  9. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

ok then there is no one to blame...now that is different about time someone said something now I can say there is a car in motion without a driver. I will leave it as that and just tell you what I was trying to show you guys but I was just being to complicated some of the times and other times did not make any sense. I guess that will be the last time to let my mind do the typing because it don't think as well as it works. I will make a rough draft first.

There Will Be A New Generation of Errors.
    example:
    : you will find mint marks all over the coins
    : start seeing eyes, wings, claws and other parts from a different denomination.
    : The word liberty in font like the new nickels will start showing on coins besides just the nickel
    : if you look real close and careful you will find Lincoln from the memorial
    : the initials of the artist from any coin on to another denomination will show
    and more......
    I will leave you alone now with all this and I really don't care what you do with what is written in this topic I was just thinking out loud.....

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

THE END

10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Yes let's go back to the way things were.. error coin collecting is simple. Glad it's over.

11. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

to late it ended yesterday:)

12. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

teachmind. Have you ever held a die? They are thick and heavy. It's not possible for a design to transfer thru it.

paddyman98 likes this.
  13. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

Do you think it wont? up to 400tons can be used on a press to strike a coin. thats why the die breaks. What is the average strikes can a die strike before breaking or cracking? depending on how the metal sets thats used for a die can be a factor also. I can bet it made a mark on the first strike on the press.

14. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

What are you talking about? How the metal sets? What made a mark and on what? What are you saying?

paddyman98 likes this.
  15. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

give up larry, this whole thread has been one big "what are you saying."

16. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Knowledge of pressing coins and the metallurgy indicates that the 'feedback or vibrational impressions' do not occur and can not produce the effects he is hoping to show. One must realize that the high hardness of the dies and low hardness of the coin alloy is no where near the same. Yes, dies crack and shatter, but only when the coin metal is mistakenly not fed between the 2 dies or misalignment has occurred and one very hard die hits the other very hard die. Pressing a planchet can not produce vibrations 'like ring a bell'. I certainly mean no disrespect for odd ideals, but we still must deal with the scientific method of evaluation rather than mental derivations, using unproven processes.

paddyman98 and phankins11 like this.
  17. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

Ok thanks at least someone is making sence. These marks i speak of are not mental. The marks have been on the coins for a long time. Let me see what is the oldest one i can find that is visible....

18. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

Please please please shut up!!!

(edited - language)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
    paddyman98 likes this.
  19. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

Here is a 1970 cent on reverse side edge, they are stars and part of some words of a one dollar
    20150903_214002-1.jpg 20150902_082923.jpg
    And look at this 2008 quarter can you see anything that looks like it belongs on another coin?
    20150903_023252.jpg
    Stad back away from the picture and you will see the profile of nickel and the dime observe side of both coins..this one i just found a couple of minutes ago...it also looks like this 2008
    1441343679857.jpg
    Oh yeah i flip the quarter right side up...
    Wait i am getting to ahead of myself let me go back to the 1970 cent....

20. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

That said it all.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE ....you what go on with you lifes....i dont underst.....nevermind just stop reading my post bdu..and get some help. This is just a business and there making money off you guys thats all. The point to all of what i was doing was to............

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  21. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

And please do not punish him i dont care thats all up to you tho but not on my accout I WILL STOP i dident know it was affecting someone so much. For that reason i am sorry

Draft saved Draft deleted