?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by teachmind, Aug 25, 2015.

1. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

You guys like the way things are in error coin hobby?
    I see if things where to change it would effect someone's lifes. Thats why i ask that question.
    I just dont understand how you guys can will learn something and teach something without seeing any proof of some errors and cant have any explination for other things. I see some coins that a member ask about you tell them its nothing when i maybe have an explination for it and how maybe it is to be. I do not say anything because it has not been written by an expert so there for i would be wrong.

The things i see are cause to the years of the machine being used to strike these coin and the force of a strike. Things can be created do to my findings such as maps, guides, and tools so it would be easy to confirm an error an can spot a fake or make it hard to create one. There are more errors to be discovered.

The effects it will have by doing it this way would be dramatic. Meaning some errors would be created by what this method shows.

I am not saying i am right, but these are my findings. I am not smart. I am self-tought

Raul Ramos II

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It's late.. I think it is time for you and all of us to go to sleep! :dead:

4. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Um. Hmm. Nope I got nothing. And it's rare when I'm left with nothing to say.

What did I just read......

5. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Maps, guides, and tools? Why does the Error section get the strangest posts? Strange coins = strange posts?

Numismat and hotwheelsearl like this.
  6. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

yo dude, stop hoggin da bong....:meh:

7. jookey2003

jookey2003 Active Member

Amen...its tough on the bottom.

8. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

Thread is aptly titled.

9. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

*hits blunt* doode lemme say somthin

ken454 likes this.
  10. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

Ok you will see, instead of now. then who knows when. Hey what can i said but, thank you all. Just thinking about what could be the future now instead of later. Which it will come no matter what.

derkerlegand likes this.
  11. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I'm currently working 12hr days 7 days a week and am fairly loopy most of the time. I'm glad it's not just me that has no idea wtf is going on right now...

12. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

Is it that you dont understand what i am saying or is it that because it is not have anything to do with anything that you have been taught about errors?
    Everyone that dose not understand what i have mention, wait before i say anything about that. Ok who was the first people or person to start this hobby of errors? Just think of what everyone said or told them, when he or she mentioned something of these errors......now what would you have told them if you where back at that time. I know i would be thinking there crazy or something and ignored them if it did not catch my intrest.
    You all that dont understand me, need to snap out of it and quit living life of someone's else's findings. discover your own or create something of yours, so others can see your mind and what it can teach yourself and others. I dont use big words because i know of none so it should be undetstandable sorry for the misspelled words and everthing else.

13. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I do not understand most of what you are saying. I think I do understand your message; that is you have discovered new types of error coins that will require a new way of thinking about error coins because it is drastically different than the current understanding of how error coins come to be.

paddyman98 and Numismat like this.
  14. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

If I am reading this correctly, are you saying we should cast aside the established science around how errors are created during the minting process and create a new reality for how things that are not errors can be errors? :facepalm:

micbraun, paddyman98 and Jwt708 like this.
  15. jookey2003

jookey2003 Active Member

Squinting at 'ol abe til ur eyes bleed and not go nuts before you realize, separates the men from the boys! Man goes and buys the book.

Jwt708 likes this.
  16. jookey2003

jookey2003 Active Member

Yea! and maps, guides, and tools so it would be easy to confirm an error an can spot a fake or make it hard to create one. duh

17. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

See my first post...but ya...like a treasure hunt! Just add a whip and a golden idol and it's going to be an adventure.

18. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

OP: Do you have an example or a coin in mind?

19. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

Again with this? How many threads will you start alluding to this and that but refusing to back up your crap or even show a photo?

Put up or shut up dude.

Jwt708 likes this.
  20. silentnviolent

Nobody is even arguing with you because the blathering is unintelligible without a visual aid.

Yes, error coin collectors are generally out there searching for new errors and varieties. If you discover one, you HAVE to share it or its like it doesn't exist.

paddyman98 and Jwt708 like this.
  21. silentnviolent

They have those. They are TOOLS called books and networking. Like a MAP, they show how things work and GUIDE you toward a better understanding of what is and is not possible during the minting process. Only time and experience will achieve what you say you want.

There is no magical scanner onto which a person could plop any coin and have it instantly identify what it should be and assess the coin.

That's why attributors have an income. People that have devoted decades of study can correctly tell you in an instant, more information than stories you could pack into your strange numismatic wet dreams.

Duh.

jookey2003 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted