25th eagle set order status ?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by x115, Oct 31, 2011.

1. PezDspncr

PezDspncr Newly Obsessed

Out for Delivery

Ahhhhhh...this is killing me :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. flyers10

flyers10 Collector of US Coinage

I got my order in at 12:13 eastern time. Checked the Mint site yesterday and showed it shipped mid afternoon. I still click on my UPS tracking number and doesn't show anything. Not sure if I should wait around for UPS today. Hate to waste a day off staying home. What to do.

4. kydedhed

kydedhed Member

order 38369xxx time stamp of 4:17
    as of today it now says 1 unit backordered. expected to ship 11/23/11
    the other day it stated in stock and reserved. this is starting to get really aggravating. i will literally crap if i don't get this set after all of the time invested and lord knows i will not be able to afford the aftermarket prices
    sheesh

5. Cochisz

Cochisz Chief coin collector

I'm at 38388XXX and I am now concerned

6. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

mill rat 41 ill buy a set if selling i haven't got a confirm on my order so if selling e-mail me

7. kydedhed

kydedhed Member

if, god forbid, my order falls through you could always sell me one :)

8. For My Son

For My Son New Member

Yea but the set cost $299.

9. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

Paid this much, waited this long and longer! I bought 1 set and will be ****ed if they aren't packed properly! Just my thoughts! Order#3833xxxx @ 1:01pm EST

10. Cochisz

I don,t care how the display rack looks , just send me my coins....

11. Cochisz

<br>I don,t care how the display rack looks , just send me my coins....

12. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

like to have a $ for every time i checked on order :dead-horse:

13. Cochisz

Found this on line, hope it clears some minds up......

Many readers have been posting questions about what various statuses represent for their orders. I have not personally studied their various statuses in any detail. I will re-post a comment from “Two Cents” with some explanations:
    The Mint uses the word “backorder” in a different way that most people are familiar with.
    Most companies are sellers, not manufacturers, so when an item is on “backorder,” that means that they have run out of that item, and need to order more from the manufacturer. That may take days or weeks or even months, so the company is telling the customer that he has to wait until the product comes in.
    The Mint is both manufacturer and seller, so when they say “backorder,” they mean that the order is backed up until the coins are minted, assembled, and then shipped to the fulfillment center for mailing.
    The Mint uses “hold” to mean that they need time to verify that the order is legitimate (in this case, not more than 5 sets per household) and that the customer’s credit card has sufficient funds. “In process” means that verification has been done, and now all it takes is for the Mint to see if there are enough sets ready for mailing.
    “In stock and reserved” means that the coins have been assembled into sets and ready to be shipped to the fulfillment center, and that all verifications have been made. At this point, the Mint has ACCEPTED the order — prior to this, the Mint has only RECEIVED the order. Once the set is labeled for mailing, then you will receive a “Shipped” notice and tracking number (though the actual mailing date may be the next day).
    “Suspended” is something new to me. I suppose that is used when a later order is made after the household limit has been reached. I have never seen a “Waiting List” message on the online order receipt or email confirmation, but then, I have never been put on a waiting list.
    To sum up, once you see “In process” and/or “In stock and reserved,” you can safely assume that you will get your coins. “Hold” and “Backorder” are used routinely and does not mean that you will not get your coins.

14. For My Son

For My Son New Member

How big was the box the sets came in? I heard the box that the sets come in, whether you bought 5 sets or 1 set, is the same size, huge! Also, since you opened the box ar eyou going to have these graded? I think if you want them graded you need to keep the box from the mint sealed and then sent off to be graded.

15. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I'm in the same boat as you Craig. The packages (our packages) haven't hit the UPS system yet. I just checked the mint site (3:30 PM eastern) and the box still hasn't moved. It's not uncommon for this to happen though. I've had shipments from the mint where I received a shipping notice and it's taken two or three days before I got a hit with the tracking number on the UPS site. In short, UPS hasn't picked the package up yet.......

16. mill rat41

mill rat41 Member

Box was about 14" X 11". No plans on getting these graded. To do so all sets would have to be sent off in the unopened outer box. Consider you would have 20 grading fees, don't know for sure but at least $300-$400 in fees plus shipping, membership fees? Good thing I wasn't planning on going that route as I was able to find flaws on all coins, except for a few of the regular proofs. So, I would have paid all that money for a bunch of 69 grades, maybe a pf70 or two.

17. flyers10

Thanks Ken. I actually just checked the tracking and finally got some tracking info. Up to an hour a go I got nothing. Disappointing to say the least since they say they shipped it yesterday. I should get it tomorrow and hope yours does also. I was finally hoping to get a coin set before you did :). Please let us know when you get your coins and looking forward to seeing some pictures.
    Craig

18. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

Hey Ken. We gave UPS over 20 years of our lives.....you would think they would take better care of us, huh?

Come to think of it, maybe that's why we are in a pickle, lol.

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Will do Craig. :) OK. Checked again and I got this. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.......

Capture.JPG

Roger that Charles.......:)

20. flyers10

Got the same thing Ken but mine was only 15.3 pounds! Come on Brown with the shipment tomorrow!

21. PezDspncr

PezDspncr Newly Obsessed

Looks like they shortchanged you on 1.6 oz of silver ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted