25th eagle set order status ?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by x115, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I don't know. I still think it's cool to get a good product straight from the mint for the collection once in a while. And they could have made 250k sets of these. The prices would still be higher than issue price and there probably still would have been people who didn't get one in the end.

The mint obviously (as we're seeing now) could have sold these for twice what they did. They left millions on the table. People would have complained about it. They would have taken a bit longer to sell out. But they would have. I don't think they were greedy at all. I'm actually thankful. The $299 issue price was relatively cheap in hindsight.

My card has a pending charge on it so my sets will be going out soon.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

when anyone gets tracking #s or any later orders please post as i have a somewhat on the wait list edge # 3837xxx like to know if anyone around that gets good news:yes:

4. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

Everyone knew that 100,000 isn't a large number, compounded by the fact that there were 5 per household! I started saving 4 mos. ago and was still a $100 short the week of the 27th! I sold a couple of my coins to insure my success! my wife manned the computer and I took to the phone, Finally after an hour of straight frustration I got thru! It was first come first serve, and basically how bad did you want them! I feel bad people didn't get thru to get one! I knew this was going to be extreme, and there was a possibility I wasn't going to it was a 1 in 20,000 shot!

5. Mark Feld

Mark Feld Rare coin dealer

I don't know how you came up with those odds. In order to know the probability of success, you would need to know how many orders were placed, for how many coins and the odds of those orders being filled before yours was.

6. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

I just went with the gut instinct that most people were going to order 5 sets! And I figured they would sell quickly! My numbers may be off, but a sell out was emminent!

7. andyscouse

andyscouse Collector of Brit stuff

1st order now has cc charges, and 'reserved'; 2nd one 'in progress'

8. PezDspncr

PezDspncr Newly Obsessed

Sweet!! :)

[TABLE="width: 98%"]

[TD="colspan: 6"]

[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET[/TD]
    [TD="align: left"] 5[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]$299.95 [/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]$1,499.75 [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]5 units shipped on 11/08/2011[/TD]
    [/TABLE]

9. YoYoSpin

YoYoSpin Active Member

Found this on the mint site this morning...

Order number:38324XXX
    Order Date:10/27/2011 at 12:03 AM
    Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.

And yes, I have a UPS tracking number - should be here tomorrow AM.

10. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

time ordered? and # ? please thanks just looking to see how close getting to mine thanks again everyone!

11. PezDspncr

PezDspncr Newly Obsessed

mine was ordered at 12:02....#38324xxx

12. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

thanks!:welcome:

13. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

What carrier? USPS? UPS? Fedex?

14. YoYoSpin

YoYoSpin Active Member

The tracking number I have is with UPS...

15. rickmp

My order, 38325XXX at 12:05, is still showing "in process" and "in stock and reserved".

16. rickmp

Thanks.
    UPS Comes to my house very late in the day so if mine is shipped via UPS
    today, I won't get it until Monday, as I'll be away. If Fedex, they come really
    early and I'll get to see them tomorrow.

17. PezDspncr

PezDspncr Newly Obsessed

Mine is UPS as well...the system doesn't show anything for my tracking number yet though. No surprise there.

18. rickmp

38325xxx shipped!

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

That's 'cause the package hasn't been scanned into the system yet. Later today or this evening you should see something.

And guys? If this is coming next day air it's gotta be off the truck and delivery attempt made by 10:30, so expect an early knock on the door......

20. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

all orders i was told is expedited with ups signature required

21. rickmp

UPS does not deliver to my address until 5:30 PM. No early knock for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted