25th eagle set order status ?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by x115, Oct 31, 2011.

1. krispy

krispy krispy

That's hilarious!

It is more than the truth about the sorts of damage and "contents may settle in shipping" that happen in transit.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

The prices are coming down and I think they are getting rather reasonable for 2 limited mintage coins in this set. So unlike the 95W IMO you should look to get one and only be missing that crazy priced one.
    But it's your set.

4. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Duke and MrMoJoeRizin:

I guess I haven't actually looked recently at the auctions. Perhaps they are a little more afordable now. I certainly don't want to give the impression of abandoning the hobby. I am more of a classic collector and will always remain one. Usually when I hit a wall or complete a series, I'll keep the coins for a year or two and look for another path. I just sold all my Franklins, proof and circulated, at the Chicago ANA Convention. They were complete sets and I wanted to finance another option. I did this already with one of two ASE collections. And many others over the course of years. I also find that I am starting to purchase more paper currency of late. So the hobby will have me to the bitter end I believe. With this new set of ASE's, I just have to figure out if its a solid wall in front of me, or does it have a door.

5. MrMoJoeRizin

MrMoJoeRizin Member

Yea, I know, I do a lot of belly-achin' but at the end of the day, those Morgans and ASE's sure are purdy. :foot-mouth:

6. Flying Dog

Flying Dog New Member

Will do. Sounds like it will be weeks before I knowthe grades.

7. 2Learn how2-101

2Learn how2-101 New Member

Where's my Set??!!!

I am concerned ....I've been tracking the set to be delivered by UPS. According to the UPS website the Mint package was on the truck and scanned and out for delivery "signature required" on 12/02/11 at 7:301 a.m. It was not delivered. I took off from work and waited all day. I called UPS and they assured me that it would be delivered before the end of the day. At midnight still no delivery. I checked the UPS website again this morning and there was revised delivery date of Monday 12/05/11 by 10:30 a.m. I called UPS again for an explanation, I was told that it will be delivered as promised, that they have been extremely busy since "Black Friday" with deliveries. Well, not much I can do at this point, their customer service was of no help to ease my concern that it might never be delivered and just ends up as "lost". Especially after reading on the Consumer complaints website about UPS complaints. There have been instances where packages that require signatures frequently get stolen by UPS personel, knowing quite well that there is something of value. I would think requiring a signature by the Mint (PBGS/Fulfillment Center in Indiana) would draw this kind of attention. Regardless of the implications of all this, I feel that this is very distressing coming from UPS and their customer service. Having the package scanned, on the truck, out for delivery on 12/02/11 at 7:31 a.m, and not being delivered as scheduled. Has anyone here had anything like this to happen to them from UPS? and did they finally deliver when rescheduled?:confused:
    Well, thanks for letting me vent 'cause I am very disappointed and hoping (after such a long wait) that they will be delivered.

8. krispy

krispy krispy

Call and ask them to hold it at a pick up location like a UPS Store nearest you or your work place, school, etc... OR ask them to hold at your local UPS facility and go in person to pick it up on your own time. Don't waste time waiting for these guys to catch up. This is unacceptable for a parcel that is usually sent Next Day Air and requires a signature to receive. Be very careful not to miss the third delivery attempt or they will send it right back to the sender, the fulfilment center and that will be a disaster to get rerouted back to you. I am telling you to be proactive and not patient with UPS... call them NOW and see if you can "reroute" to another place where you can have it held and pick it up from there as they may continue to miss your address. Sorry, it does happen and it is true that this is a very busy time for them, but that's an unacceptable answer given the service your parcel was sent by, Next Day Air for A25 orders.

9. krispy

krispy krispy

My A25 orders arrived finally from UPS in the last day. I will be waiting to open my box containing two sets over the Christmas holiday.

10. Cochisz

Cochisz Chief coin collector

Congrats krispy glad your finally rewarded for your long wait.

You guys know the more that I have been reading about the bullion coin that may be burnished ( could be the sleeper). And all the sets that have been broken apart to just get the RP and the S mint mark ASE,s graded, and selling the remaining three coins on Ebay the people that opened the magic brown box without giving thought to having any graded just to keep them as OGP . where as they can never prove those three coins came from the 25th anny set. I think I will down the road send mine to NGC for grading. seems the population of all these coins that reflect the 25th anniversary set label will increase in value greatly because of what is happening to the complete sets. anybody agree?

11. krispy

krispy krispy

Thanks Cochisz! It's a fitting end to an epic US Mint year that was a roller coaster with all the APs selling Pucks to the public, then the Numismatic Pucks and now these limited A25 sets. The Mint consumed too much of my time and energy this year, let along budget! LOL!

Coin World just published this weeks digital edition online, and there is a front page story that the Mint denies there were any different planchets that were used to strike the bullion coin that some think is burnished, according to an inquiry made to the Mint by Coin World editorial staff and responded to by Michael White, who is a PR guy from the US Mint.

The Mint sources say that any variation we are seeing is merely due to die states. The Mint is strongly playing down that there was anything different about these coins other than that they were stuck at the San Francisco facility.

2011.12.09_CW_v52is2697_USMA25.jpg

12. TheCoinGeezer

TheCoinGeezer Senex Bombulum

I spent the better part of three hours trying to log on to the Mint site and finally connected about 2:45 and ordered 5 sets.
    I also tried the Mint phone ordering system but that was a complete waste of cell phone minutes!
    Anyhoo, my sets arrived the week of 11/20 and were sent off to NGC for grading.
    I expect to get them back from them in a couple of weeks.
    Hope I get lots of 70s!

13. 2Learn how2-101

2Learn how2-101 New Member

Thanks Krispy for your response, I appreciate it! and you are right:yes:

In short, I got the attempt to deliver 1st notice Monday. I called to ask them to hold the package for me and I will be there Tuesday. No problem ...It was a success. I have them now (2 sets) and they all are excellent, planchets nicely preped, and well struck .....I'm very impressed. The box was well packed and secured and no damage. The mint took care in preparing my sets:thumb:. Some how I sense perhaps these were early strikes and boxed. Anyway I have to give a shout out to the mint for an over all super job for me:hail:
    But I guess I was quick to jump the gun on the thought of "possible theft", etc.:foot-mouth:

Thanks again Krispy for your response and input! :smile

14. krispy

krispy krispy

That's terrific news 2Learn! Enjoy your new coins!

15. coinperson

coinperson Member

:rollling: 383940xx same thing different day 12/22/2011 -no dr john however:yes:That's a good thing!!

16. line_grade

line_grade Member

Just checked the mint website and my order has gone from "expect to ship" to "in stock and reserved" order number 38390xxx, but the "xxx" is in the mid 100's. Hope this helps all those waiting and watching.

17. btbglb52

btbglb52 New Member

Hello all, today I went from backordered to In stock and reserved... 38392xxx... Order Date:10/27/2011 at 06:13 PM. The "xxx" number is less than 100. Keep the faith.

18. Flying Dog

Flying Dog New Member

Congrats btbglb52. This is the latest time so far with an In Stock and Reserved.

19. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

keep the faith no cancel still playin

20. btbglb52

btbglb52 New Member

Thanks Flying Dog, I finally got my shipped notice and tracking number this morning!! :hail:383920xx Order Date:10/27/2011 at 06:13 PM...WHEW..I can exhale now.

21. Flying Dog

Flying Dog New Member

Glad to hear it. Feels good, don't it.

Draft saved Draft deleted