25th eagle set order status ?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by x115, Oct 31, 2011.

1. PezDspncr

PezDspncr Newly Obsessed

sweet...me too

shipping in the next day or two? or is that too optimistic? :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Lol you too! I was wondering if I was the only one worried about accidentally clicking that little bugger. :(

4. x115

x115 Collector

my cc has been charged .

5. x115

x115 Collector

I hope they ship by thursday

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

In stock and reserved!

7. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Hopefully then and not Friday.

Makes for a long weekend.

8. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

CC's been hit. Shipping from SF? They might be picked up by UPS today.

9. green18

I just checked the credit card I use and the charges are listed as "pending". Won't be long now........:)

10. Same here. They are on their way soon! :smile. TC

11. x115

x115 Collector

it's time to start clearing out a shelf for these. lol

12. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

They shouldn't take up too much room, right? My plan right now is to shove the whole unopened shipping box in my cabinets.

13. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

Hallelujah, In stock and reserved!

14. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

My credit card is charged and the status is "In stock and Reserved". I bet that I'll see it on Thursday or Friday.

15. JJK78

JJK78 Member

ME TOO!!!!!!! w00T w00T!!! LETS GET IT ON! :hail:

16. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

CC trans complete!! \~/ Drinks on me!! Happy Dance

17. Maybe its me and i am missing something but older coins is where i get excited not over ones minted in this years date.
    I think to best put is where would the price of the full set of state quaters be if the goverment had made them just for the coin collectors and made sure not many others would be able to afford those coins as they seemed to have put these eagle sets so far out of reach of hundreds of small collectors.
    If this wasnt bad enough they made them at a time when most familys can just get by with the bills and cost of gas.
    If these coins were sold at little over face value this tread would not be on coin talk.
    Iam just one that doesnt belive goverment should play any roll in the coin collectors hobby and should never make a profit no matter the amount.
    Our goverment was supose to protect us and serve thats about all.
    When did we taxpayers start wanting them to make more money than most familys will.
    If someone here can show me where our goverment has said because of the high profit we made from the mint your taxs will not go up. So where do the dollars go?
    Id like to add i have only two eagles both were given to me by my wifes sister.
    The bank where she works gave them to her on her birthdays.
    I have no instrest here so iam not one saying i am upset coz i couldnt get a set or they were beyond my reach.
    I am here only for those who would have liked the same chance to own a set.
    To end i am happy for all that will get these sets to keep sell or whatever your intents are.
    Just dont like how the goverment went about it and the price tag and amount that were minted.
    My beef is with them not you.

18. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Face value of these coins is one dollar each. They are made of one troy ounce of pure silver, and you want them sold for just over face value? If that's such a fair deal, sell me all of your silver coins at a couple of cents over face!

19. LindeDad

LindeDad His Walker.

Just checked and cancel box is gone.:yes:

20. green18

Woody, nothings perfect. The mint offered the coins in what they felt was the most fair and equitable manner. No matter how the offering was made, there was bound to be someone "shut out". It happens. And yes, the coins are expensive and out of reach to many families and collectors. Should an apology be made for this? Let's see......back in the thirties the mint ran a commemorative coin program where there were many, many issues minted for collectors. Lots of folks were hurting back then, but coin collecting was popular. As a child of the sixties, I wanted these coins but couldn't afford them. Is the mint obligated to making them available to me at a price I can afford?

Should the mint apologize for not getting one of these issues (25th Anniversary) to each and every family and person that wants one? No, I don't think so. It ain't a perfect world, and Lord knows, I could be on the down and out in a year or two. Should the mint be beholding to me because I can't afford something down the road?

21. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

i loved coins from our past! Everytime I hold one it facinates me to think who might have had them in there hands, a dignitary, gangster, soilder the list goes on and on!But, these start in mine and 75, 100 years from now I know the great,great grandchild will know they started in mine!Is it a crazy price probably, is it worth it? Yes absolutely they start right here straight from the mint!! Hope that makes sense!

Draft saved Draft deleted