25th Anniv. ASE Order Numbers

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by downlow, Oct 27, 2011.

1. downlow

downlow Collection Collector

Hello all,

Very busy day on CT due to the 25 Anniversary Silver Eagle Set.
    Although not as close to the activity on the mints website I'm sure.
    WOW, DDOS just from all of us.... :eek:

ANYHOW, I was logged into the Mint's site at 11am this morning and refreshed frequently awaiting 12 noon and sale time.
    I had checked all my payment info.
    Went over all the formalities with "Quick Checkout", bla bla bla.

Then Twelve o'clock hit, it took a few minutes but got 5 sets into my shopping cart.
    Then the site began slowing, and eventually "erroring" in all sorts of fashions.
    refresh
    refresh
    Refresh
    REFRESH
    R3FRE$#!!!!!

Finally after 20 minutes (remember I had them in my cart at approx 5 after noon) I get to the "submit order" page.
    hit the button

And, presto I get order number:
    38326***

About 30 seconds later I get the usual email with order number:
    38327***

OK, thats two different order numbers?
    For the same shopping cart.

Has anyone experienced this before and if so was one labled as a duplicate and removed?
    I cannot access the mint site to view my account/order history.

However I did call my bank and instructed them to accept all charges from the mint whether its 1 charge for $1504.70 or 2 orders totaling $3009.40 JIC :thumb:

Any insight or experience in this occuring in the past would be appreciated thanks everyone.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stoster38

stoster38 Member

This has happened in the past. Not a new experience. I went through the same thing this morning and when similar low mintage sets have been released in the past. You would think that the US Mint would learn and get a lot of extra bandwith and/or servers to deal with this extra traffic. I guess they figure that if you really want the set you're going to overlook the errors and slowness no matter how frustrating it gets.

4. downlow

downlow Collection Collector

I'm pretty much willing to overlook ANYTHING for this set!

Draft saved Draft deleted