$25 box of pennies to roll hunt

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by ShellionessLove1, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

So if I buy a lottery ticket at 292 million to 1 odds, either I win or I don't.
    It's 50/50. Good to know. The mega is only 258 million to 1. How can I lose?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ShellionessLove1

ShellionessLove1 New Member

Just an FYI for those concerned with my mathmatical abilities.....I am an accountant and am very familiar with taxes and assets and depreciation and liabilities both long term and short term and COGS and retained earning and should I go further?? Math is inside me and has passed down to my youngest daughter who has just been accepted into a Science, technology, engineering and math and guess what I’m the one who taught her. So please don’t judge me, I’m a single mother that quit her accounting career to take care of my mother who was fully incapacitated in an accident on my dads Harley. I have drained my savings taking care of myself and my daughter and uprooted everything she has ever known as us and our home to live with my parents. I am just trying my hardest to coin hunt as a way of possibly getting a break so I can provide for my daughter and gain my independence back. So yeah damn skippy I get excited and guess what I will keep getting excited because thats who I am. I get excited if I see the dang sun shining ok. It’s me it’s who I am and the reason why so many people love me and wouldn’t ever make me feel as if I am wasting my time doing something I love to do.

davdo and CoinCorgi like this.
  4. Wheatmaster101

Wheatmaster101 U.S. Cent Collector

No one is questioning your math, but rather your incredibly flawed logic. In your original post, you stated that it was "a definite" 1943 copper cent.

tommyc03 likes this.
  5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

@ShellionessLove1 Please do not feel offended by some of the comments. New members sometime get a light hazing but for the most part we only jest. Many new members have posted the same question as yours in the past and it's just that the odds of finding one of these is incredibly slim after all these years passed and others looking for them It would be fantastic of course, if someone were to find another. I hope this thread does not deter you in the future and I truly hope you do find something of great value in your search. We wish this to happen to everyone here.

6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

You are quite correct of course. And the flawed logic comes from being new to a new hobby and without having come here first or any other coin forum. As we have said many times, best to buy the book before the coin. And especially do not watch flawed, incorrect information on You Tube and Facebook, or read books like "Strike It Rich With Pocket Change". ;):)

Wheatmaster101 likes this.
  7. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

The concept that "everyone missed this but me" is what causes me to wax a little caustically sarcastic.

8. ShellionessLove1

I appreciate every one of the posts I truly do I just started to feel as if I was a cat surrounded by hungry dogs is all. I started this hobby by mere chance. I was taking a break from caring for my mother and decided to go get an ice cream from sonic. I just happened to notice a silver colored penny in my hand. I said wait a minute something is not right about this. I looked it up and the rest was history. I do not watch YouTube, I do not listen to anyone or anything that seems too good to be true because it usually is. I am a realist and I joined this community after reviewing a few and decided this one had the most knowledgeable people by the replies they made to others and the postings they had in here. I have nothing but respect for each and every one of you and quite simply wish I was as wise as you are when it comes to this hobby. I started in November and feel that I have come a long way because of the information and knowledge I have been gaining from all of you when I post something knowing it’s just not it but I post it anyways to get the attention it needs so I can learn. Just a bit of reverse psychology so I can get he real deal and by the way my last few posts have been the most informational yet. When I just ask a question as if I’m so fragile I only getxthe sweet answers. I wanted thebhatd core this is how it is answers and boy oh boy did I get them. The only exception is this one. I truly feel it in my gut and in my mind.

tommyc03 likes this.
  9. ShellionessLove1

Here are two quotes I live by:
    “ There are no limits to what you can create for you, because your ability to think is unlimited! But you cannot create other people's lives for them. You cannot think for them, and if you try to force your opinions on others you will only attract like forces to you. So let all others create the life they want.”
    “If you see it in your mind, you’re going to hold it in your hand.”

tommyc03 likes this.
  10. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I bought this 19 years ago.
    IMG_1866.JPG

It's 305 pages long
    I'm not a fast enough reader to read 305 pages in one minute. So I have yet to read it. :)

But I still like coins :)

11. V. Kurt Bellman

Haven't read it yet? Then you won! You can never get back the time you'll lose reading that garbage.

12. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

But, but, but COINage endorsed it! LOL.

Clawcoins likes this.
  13. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Indeed, but better yet, anyone looking to become a one minute expert can now simply watch a cheeseball YouTube video without even having to shoulder the burden of reading.... or thinking.

14. V. Kurt Bellman

The Car Talk guys on NPR used to refer to views “unencumbered by the thought process.”

15. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

They used to remind me of Carson & McMahon.

Draft saved Draft deleted