25,000 likes

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by ancient coin hunter, Apr 3, 2021.

1. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

I just noticed that I passed this milestone today!!! Thanks everybody. I've been a member for a shade under 4 years and it's been a great community to talk about ancient coins. Prior to joining it was a solitary antiquarian activity of little interest to people in my life. Now it is more of a passion and also quite social. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Isn't that a great feeling? It was nice for me to find this site. Before I knew close to zero people, it was dissapointing

4. ambr0zie

ambr0zie Dacian Taraboste

Congratulations!
    I am also preparing for 2 milestones, 500 messages and 2500 likes.
    I joined CT in 2016 but I became active last autumn and yes, I totally agree that this forum just enhances the passion.
    I learned a lot of new things about ancient coins + "met" a lot of nice people, because in "real life" I don't know any other ancient coins collectors.

5. DonnaML

DonnaML Well-Known Member

Congratulations! It's a great place. I don't know any other ancient coin collectors in "real life" either, and rarely bring up the subject for fear of boring people and seeing their eyes glaze over. It's a more socially respectable hobby for an adult than, say, "Mom's basement"-type hobbies, but not really of much greater general interest. At least in my case, I can truthfully pitch it as part of my interest in collecting ancient art, but I'm still careful not to bring it up much.

6. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

Congrats!! Your nice description of your feelings about this site match mine exactly. I see I passed the same milestone recently, but didn't notice soon enough to celebrate! :banghead:

I think this coin has a celebratory mood to it:
    28965_0.jpg
    Edit: the reverse. Aurelian himself doesn't exactly look like he's partyin'. Although he should: he just made it 5 years into his reign during the third century crisis! :woot:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  7. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I agree, I don't know anyone interested in ancients other than here. And then, my 9 year old great grandchild and his mother just stopped by tonight. He and his mother had to look at each and every one of my cleaned and cataloged ancients. They are very interested in coins. I have given him many coins and he will get many more as the years go by. He is coming over tomorrow with some of his foreign coins to fit them to 2X2's.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  8. Theodosius

Theodosius Fine Style Seeker

Congrats on the big milestone!

Keep those posts coming.

John

ancient coin hunter and ominus1 like this.
  9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Sew what's not to like? devil.gif

10. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

11. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Congrats, @ancient coin hunter ! I lurked for two years prior to making any posts. Just reading and learning.

[​IMG]

Carthage-LIBYAN UPRISING - Mercenaries issue
    Mercenary War 241-238 BCE
    7.36g AR DiShekel
    Melqart / Herakles Head in Lion's Head-
    Lion walking; Punic M above; LIBYA below
    R SNG Cop 240f
    Overstrike

Coins were struck in the name of Libya and "M", which has been taken as either "machanat" - the Camp (of the mercenaries), or perhaps Matho, their leader

Draft saved Draft deleted