22/22/23 peace silver dollars Die crack trimmers

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by i2i, Jul 16, 2019.

1. i2i

i2i Active Member

I read a few threads about this error prior to auction, after scoping them at pre-auction.
    I think they are worth more than price paid of about $24/per after tax and fees! 20190716_184759.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I'm pretty sure die cracks on Peace Dollars are fairly common. I love the design but that's as far as I go with Peace Dollars. That one on the top right, looks like it may have been in a coin canister, like the dime holder in the pics. Not to worry, I've been wrong before. good luck! :D

Attached Files:

alurid likes this.
  4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

The top left one certainly looks like it's got a die crack through TRVST, at least to me.

The top right one appears to have a circular scratch. It looks like it's dug into the coin's surface, rather than raised.

I can't tell what's going on with the mark on the left side of the bottom coin because of the lighting.

The top left and bottom coins look to me like they've been polished. The top right one still seems to have luster.

5. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Yes, unfortunately I think you may be right. If those two are polished, nobody will want to buy them and they will only bring you the price of silver, jmho. Yo i2i, do you have a link on the error you read about?

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nice common die cracks but in my opinion, you overpaid. In my area these would all be in the junk silver dollar pile which is currently at $17.00 per coin.

Draft saved Draft deleted