20th Century Irish Collection

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Hiddendragon, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Recently I shared my Greek collection. Another series I set out to complete was 20th century Irish coins. This is another set that is more manageable than many countries because there are not issues for every year. The first Irish coins were issued in 1928, and the last in 2000, when Ireland switched to the euro. While there are not issues for every year, many coins have mintages well below 1 million, and they can be hard to find, especially in good condition. With so many Americans having Irish ancestry, and the coins having animal designs on many denominations, they tend to be rather popular. The Irish coins tend to mirror the British coins from the same period, being the same sizes with the same denomination. Ireland switched to the decimal coinage at the same time as well.

There are a few very rare dates that command high prices, and I don't have those, but otherwise I have the complete circulating set for independent Ireland in the 20th century. Among the rare dates in my set are the 1966 farthing (96,000), 1939 3 pence (64,000), 1937 shilling (100,000), 1934 and 37 florin (150,000), 1942 florin (109,000), and 1937 half crown (40,000).

My coins are in various states of circulation. I don't mind a coin to show its age, though there are a few I might try to upgrade eventually. But without further ado, here it is. http://s300.photobucket.com/user/hiddendragon02/library/Ireland

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    jj00, spirityoda, mlov43 and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

I understand that the 1986 Ireland mint set is also scarce, and goes for $$$ in the collector market.

4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

great total collection. it was so refreshing to see so many world coins. is Photobucket free ??? I would like to do what you have done for my insect coins.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  5. Hiddendragon

Yes, I don't have any of the mint sets. There is also a 1985 half penny that has an unlisted book value but I think I read it is very rare. There is also a 1961 half crown mule that I don't have just because I haven't tried to get it, and 1943 florin and half crown which are very rare.

6. Hiddendragon

Yes it is, that's why I decided to use it. I think there's a storage size limit but these pictures don't take up that much room.

spirityoda likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted