20th Anniversery NGC AME delima

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by RhinoEmpire, Dec 10, 2008.

1. RhinoEmpire

RhinoEmpire Hi-Yo (Ag)

Hi folks - I'm new to collecting coins (ok, I had a collection 25 years ago), and recently purchased a 20th anniversary NGC set of Silver American Eagles on Ebay. The set is limited to 2005 sets (I have #64) so I thought it would be special, but about half of the coins have white rings and large white spots on them. Is this normal?, should I ask for a refund?, or might this fall under the NGC guarantee?. The coins were graded at MS 68.

Attached Files:

• NGC.jpg
      NGC.jpg
      File size:
      226.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gmarguli

gmarguli Slightly Evil™

Send them back to NGC under their Appearance Review service which is free. They'll dip them to a nicer appearance or buy them back if they are ruined.

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I see some milk spotting and what could e dip residue. The NGC guarantee is the only hope, but even if they can be saved, and they can't help the milk spotting, you will lose the 20th anniversary set label and #. They will also not likely pay any premium, if there is any, for the 20th anniversary set . You will just get the going rate for a generic MS-68. So if you paid a premium to getthem that's gone as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted