2022 World's Fair of Money

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Chris B, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

My wife and I will be hosting a club table at the upcoming World's Fair of Money for our state ISNA (Indiana State Numismatic Association) club. Table 528

We will have free wooden nickels for anyone that stops by.

We would love to meet some of you guys. Make sure you mention you are a CT member.

Here is a picture of the last club table we had at an ANA show.

ISNA Chicago 03.jpg

She had fun arranging the wooden nickels.

ISNA Chicago 02.jpg
    ISNA Chicago 06.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I remember the Worlds fair of Money when it was in Baltimore. What a cool show...Im not a fan of large shows... but must say I really liked going to that show. Watching the kids going from country to country having their pass ports stamped and getting a free coin. Also the displays at the show...were great.
    Enjoy the show wish I could attend...

Chris B likes this.
  4. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Hoosier Daddy?

green18 and Chris B like this.
  5. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

I live, effectively, down the around the corner and plan to attend with my almost 14 yr old with me.

I try to remember to stop by and say hi.

6. Chris B

Paddy54 likes this.
  7. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

I'll be there Tuesday through Thursday. I'll stop by. It'll be my first post-covid major show so I'm looking forward to attending and seeing old (and hopefully making new) friends.

Chris B likes this.
  8. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

I'm at table 1546. Come on by! I'll try to swing by Chris B's table, too!

Chris B likes this.
  9. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

We made it and splurged and found a beautiful bust half. I will send a pic soon

Chris B likes this.
  10. Chris B

I came by but you must have been gone for the day. I was in meetings most of the day.

mlov43 likes this.
  11. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

My trip to the ANA was a mental detour but it was great to be there with my wife. I was hoping to find some standing liberty quarters in cent grades and holders, but that just was not happening. For the detour, We are also interested in Bust Halves and there were decent specimens, but we found one table that had wonderful selections, and saw one we are happy with.

Chris B likes this.
  12. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Yeah, I was busy, too. Hustling the book, which all of the major auction houses and grading companies bought!

13. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

Stopped by and met Chris B. I was with my 14 yr old son. It’s always a nice show.

Collecting Nut, mlov43 and Chris B like this.
  14. Chris B

It was a heck of a week but man am I tired. We finally got home last night after 9:00pm. I was able to pick up a number of new items. I will be posting details of some of them in other threads.

2022 WFOM 05.jpg

3 CT members stopped by my table at separate times.

@okbustchaser
    @Mr. Flute
    and another that I believe may be a member here but I didn't get his name. I was away from the table and missed him.

15. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

I never did get to see Chris B., but I did manage to swipe a wooden token from his table!

But I did sell a huge load of books. More than I expected, for sure.

There is something about showing the book, IN PERSON, to people so that they can flip through the book and see the quality of the binding, presentation, photos and read a section or caption or two...

When dealers and the people at the auction businesses, "numismatic orgs" and the grading companies saw it in-person, about 8 out of 10 of them purchased it on the spot. I was really surprised...

I also snagged a Korean coin collector or two walking past my table!

Promoting this book is going to be hard. It seems I can do all the online promotion that I want (IG, Pinterest, YouTube, etc) but none of that gets book sold like in-person sales at big shows like this. I see now that I'm kinda screwed, in a way! I can't attend these shows too often.

Anyway, it was a great show!
    dkfksd.jpg

16. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

OH! You got that Forging Secrets book! That is a really attractive book, and I was at that dinner! I missed you again... dang.

Chris B likes this.
  17. Chris B

I was the one that won the auction for book #1. My wife really wanted it.

mlov43 likes this.
  18. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Find a friendly dealer, cut them a case lot price, and let them sell at shows you can't attend. I wasn't at the WFoM show, but in previous years, this year's TNA, etc. there were dealers selling books. It looks like it worked best if the book and dealer specialty were somewhat related...

SilverMike likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted