2022 Secret Santa Sign-Up

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Joshua Lemons, Oct 16, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

So far I've been a good girl, haven't opened my gifts yet.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

20221223_091922.jpg Got my 2nd SS gift yesterday evening, and it is under the tree. Had to open the outer package (luckily the gift was not in the open inside) because the carrier left it where rain could be getting on it and in the hour or so between the last time I checked my door area and when I happened to look outside to see the weather, it had been stealthily left there with no notice to me with a door bell or nothing, and the rain was starting to soak one of the corners. But all was well inside and this is the pic I have of it. It is under my tree with my coin goddess statue(Tyche/Fortuna, for luck/fortune) from Greece that my son had gifted me in a previous year.

Kurisu, Gilbert, green18 and 8 others like this.
  4. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

Here's my Tyche (and only ancient coin):
    upload_2022-12-23_10-49-34.png

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
    Kurisu, SchwaVB57, green18 and 6 others like this.
  5. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

R IMG_20221223_132822815.jpg
    Received mine and am patiently waiting for Christmas!

Kurisu, SchwaVB57, green18 and 4 others like this.
  6. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

I'm sad to say that I haven't gotten my gifts out yet after a bout with Covid. They will be in the mail Monday.

So sorry to my recipients.:sorry::sorry::sorry:

MIGuy, Kurisu, green18 and 6 others like this.
  7. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Glad you are feeling better Brother.
    My Sons family has been dealing with it.

MIGuy likes this.
  8. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Glad you’re feeling better. A little late I’m sure they’ll understand

MIGuy and green18 like this.
  9. Kasia

Hope your recovery goes well, sorry to hear you've been under the weather.

green18 likes this.
  10. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

What matters is your health, get well soon. :shame:

green18 likes this.
  11. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I thought I heard reindeer on the roof...but it was only squirrels. However this was in the mailbox.
    [​IMG]

Kurisu, SchwaVB57, green18 and 8 others like this.
  12. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

Package arrived today, gonna wait until Christmas morning :)

Kurisu, green18, Eric the Red and 5 others like this.
  13. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

20221224_114236.jpg Secret Santa package arrived!
    Thank you Santa! Will open on Christmas.

Kurisu, green18 and Mainebill like this.
  14. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

Still being a good girl.

Kurisu, green18 and Eric the Red like this.
  15. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I think I can handle the wait.
    Package arrived this morning.

16. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

Since I have teenagers, I’ll have plenty of time in the morning to open my SS gift in peace and quiet. Probably be my favorite gift since coin gifts aren’t on the menu with my family. Around 14 more hours to wait.

MIGuy, Kentucky, Kurisu and 3 others like this.
  17. Kasia

Many people celebrate Christmas (opening presents) on Christmas morning, but when I was a kid, my family followed the German tradition of doing this all on Christmas Eve.

Tree was decorated about a week, maybe two at the most before Christmas, it had to have ornaments (no candles, though my mother and her family used candles on their trees when she was growing up) and lots of tinsel, placed strand by strand, but never a flocked tree. Then on Christmas Eve, at 7pm at night, my dad would get us all in the car to go see the lights on other peoples homes and all, this would be about a half hour or so driving about and then we would head back to the house to open our gifts, as Santa always came while we were out looking at lights. This was so normal for me, and it was when I became about 9 or 10 that I began realizing that this was not a normal thing where I lived, that most kids if they opened any presents on Christmas Eve, it was only one (like a concession to them), and of course it was never one from Santa, as he had not stopped by their home until between midnight and 6 am while they were sleeping. But we continued the tradition anyways. I actually really loved this tradition. Before we could open presents though, once we were back home, us kids had to always locate our stockings. And those were not always the easiest to find, they might be in the dishwasher, under a sibling's bed, hiding behind a chair or something, tucked under a pillow in my parents bed, or who knows, and never in the same place as the year before. And if we found a sibling's one, we could not tell our brother or sister where their stocking was or bring it to them!!!! Then we had to get everything out of the stocking and listen to my dad tell me (when we got down to the huge orange at the bottom of the stocking, put there to really fill up the stocking as much as possible so less candy had to be put in there) how he as a kid was lucky to get an Orange at Christmas.... Strange, in retrospect...

So, except for a few years raising my kids with my ex and going by 'normal American' Christmas traditions, having all gifts on Christmas morning, plus some years where we were split up and my kids had three Christmases where Santa showed up with their gifts... my Christmas eve, their dad's Christmas day (6am!!!!), and then later Christmas morning at his parents home, I normally revert back to my Christmas Eve tradition as far as opening gifts, though my tree is smaller and in many cases, a pre-decorated one and I love bows and ribbons on it and not tinsel.

So. I opened my CTSS gifts and I was completely blown away with the generosity and thoughtfulness of these Santas. I could not have imagined that I would get these and they are so welcome and wonderful. Thank you Secret Santas, from the bottom of my heart!

I will be posting pictures soon, maybe tomorrow.

I hope everyone has as bright and wonderful a Secret Santa time as I am having and loves their numismatic surprises and that they and their families are enjoing either very good health or are properly on the mend.

Bühne_45032789.jpg

18. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

We don't celebrate Christmas @Kasia . We celebrated Hanukkah when I was growing up. Both of our kids are now married to spouses that celebrate Christmas. So tomorrow, Christmas Day, we'll be heading to our sons home to celebrate Christmas with our grandsons. A tradition we've come to love.

Your story of Christmas celebrations as a youth was heartwarming. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else on CT. May it be a joyful and fun filled day with family and friends.

MIGuy, Eric the Red, Kurisu and 7 others like this.
  19. Kasia

Happy Hanukkah, @masterswimmer to you and your sons and now the larger families. Bless your and yours.

download.jpeg

MIGuy, Eric the Red, Kurisu and 4 others like this.
  20. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Thank you very much. The holidays have been wonderful, again!

MIGuy, Kurisu and Kasia like this.
  21. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

0EF95C3F-4D51-40EE-A128-BF6190866A22.jpeg D7DD4674-CB82-45CB-A555-399E75D111C7.jpeg A9FCF02F-CB28-4A9F-953E-B6C34E521C11.jpeg Can it be that I am first to post my Secret Santa present on Christmas day? Wow! This Seated Liberty Quarter is perfect since I collect SLH and thought it might be nice to expand to quarters. So, thank you very much, Secret Santa, for this thoughtful gift. And have a Merry Christmas!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted