2022 D Shield Penny possible DDO or MD?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by JonnyOnTheSpotAZ1, Jan 25, 2023.

1. JonnyOnTheSpotAZ1

JonnyOnTheSpotAZ1 New Member

Came across this penny today and not 100% sure what the deal is. Would love some opinions and thoughts on this. I have my thoughts but am conflicted as I'm no expert my any means. It seems to me to have true hub doubling from pics and info I've seen and read, including from this forum. Thanks in advance. 20230125_175120.jpg 20230125_175316.jpg 20230125_175407.jpg 20230125_175555.jpg 20230125_175652.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Not a Doubled die.
    Worth? 1 Cent

4. JonnyOnTheSpotAZ1

Not rly clarification but thanks for the smug response

5. paddyman98

Members that have known me for the past 10 years know that when I'm in the subway heading to work I only have a few seconds at some stations that I can connect to the internet to give my "smug" response..
    Since you posted in the What's it Worth forum I gave you the honest answer.

Have a nice day.

6. JonnyOnTheSpotAZ1

I've seen alot of these types of responses to new members. I'm not saying/acting/ pretending/disputing what everyone has said, I'm looking for details on what it is I'm missing and seeing differently?? Then maybe don't respond until u have more than a few seconds so u don't sound smug, especially to new members like myself. I wouldn't know that u only have a few seconds in between stops bc I haven't known u for 10 years or been a member for 10 years. Was trying to look for reasons y.

Not this

U have a nice day as well.

7. paddyman98

And.. You answered your own question on the other thread you created. The picture you posted and the picture the other member posted explains it.
    If its flat and steplike/shelflike then it's not a Doubled Die.

Here is some great information
    http://doubleddie.com/144801.html

8. JonnyOnTheSpotAZ1

I created the other thread and realized I sound have put it here. I guess I'm missing something then, bc I agree and disagree, I feel I c both types of doubling but I'm not an expert, idk

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It looks like a worn die has caused this type of doubling but without seeing the entire coin on both sides we can only guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted