2021 Silver Eagles

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Bman33, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered 2 rolls of 2021 Silver Eagles and didn't realize there would be a type 1 and type 2. I will not be getting the new reverse in my preorder. Does anyone know when you will be able to get the type 2 reverse?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

I read sometime in spring or early summer. So, 2021 will have a bunch of Eagle options coming in my speculation.

Bman33 likes this.
  4. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

There's no way of knowing which one will be the lower mintage (if either are) really.

the change is going to happen mid-2021 is all I know.

This covid thing is the real wildcard here though which could cause delays of either one or neither, so if you are buying anyways, best in my opinion, to not guess which one will be more desirable and just buy both of them when they are available so you don't miss either, worst case, it's still silver melt values which is the goal anyways.

I intend to get both of them myself, Just wondering if the sellers will just keep dumping older stock even if the new reverse is available. and it may not turn up until the 4th quarter 2021 possibly.

5. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

I'll get one of each BU when I can for my Dansco. I doubt that either of the bullion coins will be considered scarce enough to warrant a premium. I imagine the 2nd one will be available later in the summer.

6. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

I thought that I had read that the mint was going to release the 2nd eagle on the 4th of July.

7. Virginian

Virginian Well-Known Member

I believe that the mint has announced at least six different varieties of ASEs for 2021. I've been collecting ASEs since the 1980s, but that might be the final straw for me, especially at their current markups over spot silver prices.

8. messydesk

Imagine if they did bullion, "burnished", proof, reverse proof, enhanced uncirculated finishes for both reverse types and struck them at all 4 mints. That's 40. Now multiply that by the number of special labels that label collectors want.

9. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

Don't forget to include a special release(s) with privy marks.

Just because the mint releases something doesn't mean you, as a collector, need to include it in your set. You can make your complete set include or exclude whatever you desire. This is not Pokemon; you do not need to catch them all.

jamor1960 likes this.
  10. messydesk

Correct. I want 2 for my Dansco, and that's it.

davdo likes this.
  11. Eric Anderson

Eric Anderson New Member

You can preorder both type 1 and 2 on CSN shopping network. They are $69? A piece I think. You get type 1 in January and type two in mid summer I guess.

12. Eric Anderson

Eric Anderson New Member

You can preorder 2021 type 1 & 2 from CSN shopping network. They are about $69 a piece. You get type 1 in January and type 2 in mid year.

13. messydesk

Joke's on them if silver shoots to $110/oz by summer.

Eric Anderson likes this.
  14. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

$69 a piece!!! You can buy it now with pre order on ebay for $30

15. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Sure, the prices on the TV shows are usually at LEAST twice the real world prices.

Draft saved Draft deleted