2021 Secret Santa Sign Up

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Seattlite86, Oct 31, 2021.

Tags:
  1. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

edited
    Put me down as a grinch killer again. If anyone gets stiffed, I’ll send them a gift. Just let me know.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2021
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Team,

We currently have 14 members participating in this year's Secret Santa. I'll give a little more time for folks to join in. The fewer people that participate, the harder it is to make sure that I'm not giving a name to someone who received from, or gave to in a previous year. This is supposed to be a secret santa, after all :) If you think anyone else would enjoy participating, please tag them!

Brandon
    2021 Head Santa Sorter

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  4. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

5. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

My bad. I reread the rules. Rule 4 clearly states.
    Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    Seattlite86 and masterswimmer like this.
  6. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  7. Lem E

Lem E Well-Known Member

I sent a PM but haven't heard anything yet. New to this so maybe I did something wrong?

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  8. Seattlite86

6 people?! I’d like to know who they are. I did get you. Somehow I missed @Lem E , thanks for the note. Will work that this weekend.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  9. Lem E

Lem E Well-Known Member

Ok thank you @Seattlite86

CoinJockey73 and Seattlite86 like this.
  10. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

Sign me up!

Seattlite86 likes this.
  11. CoinJockey73

Better have evidence to back that up, hot shot :bucktooth:

Seattlite86 likes this.
  12. Seattlite86

I haven’t gotten an email with your sign up in it yet ;)

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  13. CoinJockey73

Correct. After rereading rule 4, i won't be joining in. But i do wish everyone luck, and happy huladays to all. And thank you @Seattlite86 for running things, very generous of you.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  14. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

15. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

Seattlite86 and Kasia like this.
  16. Seattlite86

I’m not sure what part of rule #4 precludes you from participating? Wrong genre for you?

CoinJockey73 and masterswimmer like this.
  17. CoinJockey73

I'm very fickle. Sometimes it's just best to sit something out.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  18. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

It’s generally at least as much fun giving if not more fun. If you receive something that you really don’t like, you can re-gift or do a giveaway. Personally, even the stuff I’ve received that I would never have purchased are still right at home with my various coins. Not trying to be pushy but it is fun.

Vess1, Kasia, bradgator2 and 3 others like this.
  19. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Exactly.

My thoughts are, I truly expect nothing of consequence from the gift I receive. I'm one who enjoys the act of giving a gift more than receiving one. It's kind of why I don't like celebrating my birthday with a party. I'm not a good gift receiver. I much prefer to give a thoughtful gift and watch the recipients reaction.

YMMV though. To each his own.

I hope everyone enjoys their holiday, whichever one they celebrate, and remain healthy.

Seattlite86 and CoinJockey73 like this.
  20. CoinJockey73

I'm a huge fan of giving. I've been giving stuff away since i started here, thanks to the examples of members like @lordmarcovan and @Randy Abercrombie. I'm currently running my own very bad contest and recently sent stuff to @Cheech9712 @Matthew Kruse @lordmarcovan @SensibleSal66 @Beardigger wanting no mention and nothing in return.
    I've been myself for a long time, i know myself pretty well, i think it's best i sit this one out. No biggie! I wish everyone a blast and the happiest of holidays! Woohoo!

21. CoinJockey73

This actually says a lot as to why i am bailing. I have a lot of addresses already, and i can send out to whom i choose, and pray I've blurred my return addresses enough that no one can send me anything in return. That to me, is the perfect secret Santa program. So that's how I'm gonna do it :).
    Now, I'm done hijacking this awesome idea thread. Keep up the great work and i earnestly wish you all an amazing holiday season.

Draft saved Draft deleted