2021 Secret Santa Sign Up

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Seattlite86, Oct 31, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

It all came from the Hallenbeck token, and more in focus on visiting
    Hallenbeck Coin Gallery in Co. Springs.
    Ken helped write a book on Lesher Dollars called.
    Forgotten Colorado Silver: Joseph Lesher's Defiant Coins.
    I am sure that the research led to a forgotten name.
    Look me up when you come to town. Maybe @Kurisu can make it.

Merry Christmas, Anyone have any new years resolutions coming?
    It has been wonderful seeing everyones gifts. some awsome coins this year. Keep em coming!
    Heres that hornets nest on a 2018P nickel.
    upload_2021-12-27_20-17-9.jpeg
    upload_2021-12-27_20-17-41.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

You bet... how about on my next Spring visit to the ANA Money Museum :)

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  4. PassthePuck

PassthePuck Well-Known Member

First, let me apologize for posting late. I was in the VA Hospital Christmas Eve and Christmas Day until the 27th due to Kidney Stones.

So today I'm home for a few hours before I have to go back because the blood culture came back positive for a blood infection.

So I'm going to quickly post and then go back. Merry Christmas!

On that note...

Thank you Secret Santa for the wonderful gifts.
    IMG_1259.JPG IMG_1260.JPG IMG_1261.JPG IMG_1262.JPG

ede1964, bruthajoe, Kasia and 14 others like this.
  5. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

A day late and a dollar short, but here are the gifts that I received (thank you so much) from my Secret Santa...
    COINS
    thumbnail_IMG_2161.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2162.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2160.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2158.jpg

PAPER
    thumbnail_IMG_2156.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2157.jpg

6. wiggam007

wiggam007 Cut-Rate Parasite

As promised a quick pic of this year's gift with last year's gift on display at the office. Thanks Santa(s)! 20211229_083726.jpg

Kasia, Gilbert, ZoidMeister and 10 others like this.
  7. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

20211229_172349.jpg 20211229_172328.jpg 20211229_172244.jpg 20211229_172218.jpg 2nd Secret Santa Gift arrived today. Yowsa! 35 foreign coins, gonna have fun tonight! Thank you Secret Santa!

Kasia, Lem E, Gilbert and 10 others like this.
  8. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I’m not sure how to ask without outing people as a SS but I’m curious how many people haven’t had their recipient post. Maybe that’s a Brandon question?

9. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Don't know if this helps, but back on page #12 this guy wrote the message below. Expand the message to read it all . . . . .

10. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

No, I was more looking for 17% or 8/47 or something. Your situation is kind of unique so I doubt there are 8? Other people in your situation.

ZoidMeister likes this.
  11. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

Coins that I received from above pictures:

Egypt 1976 10 Millieme FAO
    Iraq 1975 5 Fils FAO
    Egypt 1944 2 Qirsh
    Belgium 1862 10 Centime
    Czechoslovakia 1991 5 Korun
    Bosnia 2011 10 peninga
    Cyprus 1971 5 Mils
    Algeria 1974-77 5 Centime FAO
    Vatican City 1962 100 Lire
    Poland 1974 20 Zlotych
    Cuba 1998 25 Centavo
    Brazil 1901 200 Reis
    East Germany 1971 20 Mark Ernst Thalmann
    East Germany 1972 20 Mark Friedrich Schiller
    South Vietnan 1971 Dong
    Jersey 1966 1/4 Shilling
    Great Britain 1998 50 Pence 25th anniversary Euro membership
    Argentina 1974 Peso
    Ghana 1967 10 Pesewa
    Singapore 1988 Dollar
    Honduras 1978 20 Cenatvo
    Hungary 1943 2 Filler
    Hungary 1893 20 Filler
    Hungary 1947 2 Filler
    Australia 1999 Dollar older persons
    Guatemala 1971 5 Centavo
    Slovenia 1992 20 Stotinov
    Slovenia 1993 20 Stotinov
    Slovenia 2003 20 Tolarjev
    India 1943 Anna
    Nigeria 1973 Kobo
    Algeria 1964 20 Centime
    Afghanistan 1961 Afghani
    Oman 1998 5 Barisa
    Saudi Arabia 1957 Qirsh

Gilbert, Seattlite86, Kasia and 5 others like this.
  12. ZoidMeister

Back to work, barely, trying to catch up on being out since 12/15, but I did get a couple photos taken and wanted to give my heartfelt thanks to my Covert Kris Kringle.

Kris really paid attention to my post history. He even picked up on a very obscure area of interest for me, one that I have done more research on that procuring and posting. Those would be Halfpenny Conder Tokens!

I am totally enthralled with the DH-952a Middlesex token Santa sent. What's even more intriguing about this ANACS slab is the misspelling of the word "Middlesex" in the label

Santa also sent me a modern commemorative that I did not have nor was I familiar with, but ties in with my love for the Jamestown So-Called Dollars. Also in the package was a smattering of silver, US, Canadian and Mexican which I also have posted about. The 1959 Mexican Peso is the host coin for one of my favorite hobo carvings. Skinny Enrique will most likely be getting a twin. The Mercury Dime has a few squiggly lines carved into it begging for further investigation.

Yes, Santa knows all. Eternal thanks to Santa, I was really expecting a lump of coal this year . . . .

Z

20220103_110926.jpg 20220103_110939.jpg 20220103_110949.jpg

13. ZoidMeister

I just HAD to post an update to my 2021 Secret Santa gifts.

One of the aspects I like about exonumia and coins in general are some of the more pronounced die states that can be found. I get it, most folks like early die states with pristine strikes. For some reason, I am drawn to the late dies state strikes with die cracks, retained cuds, retained interior die sections, etc.

It's taken me a bit to get good photos of the massive die cracks evident in the Conder Token my Secret Santa sent me, but now that I have reasonable images, I just had to share.

First, let me begin by posting an image of the obverse that is an early die state - no die cracks or fractures evident.

upload_2022-1-4_13-25-5.png

Now feast your eyes on the MASSIVE die fractures on this one . . . . . !

First in the denticles at 12:00. Then emanating from Geo's right shoulder, through his hair and cranium, and over to the W of Wales . . . . . .

I cannot imagine many more of these wonderful tokens were struck AFTER this one.

20220104_130344.jpg

The reverse has a could small die cracks near 11:50 and a myriad of repunched letters in LONDON AND MIDDLESEX, but it's the obverse of this one that shines . . . . .

20220104_130401.jpg

Santa, again, your eye for the truly interesting and your generosity are greatly appreciated.

@lordmarcovan , I thought you might appreciate this darkside piece as well.

Z

Eric the Red, Kasia, Gilbert and 9 others like this.
  14. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Indeed! Your Covert Claus has nice taste.

I did not participate in Secret Santa or Secret Saturnalia this year.

Seattlite86 and ZoidMeister like this.
  15. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

I will be posting pictures soon. Thanks Santa!

16. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

This is definitely a Brandon question, in a DM please!

Also folks, I’m going to be away for a bit for work. I’ll be back on in February. Please message me with any issues and I’ll get back to you then. Sorry for making you wait

Kasia likes this.
  17. Pickin and Grinin

The Mile High City, didn't get a measurable snow fall until December 31st this year. And now we are having our second snow.
    Just wanted to say there were some fantastic gifts given this year.
    They are a pleasure to see.
    upload_2022-1-5_18-10-29.jpeg

18. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

@Pickin and Grinin Nice Snow. Glad it's in your area right now and not mine. That said, I used to live in Denver for a short period of time (basically Jan-Jun of 1978) and saw my fair share of snowy stuff there. Also interestingly, I also lived in Missouri for a time (much later on) and it seemed many years anyone looking to see when the first snowfall would be there would be to look and see when Denver got it. Then have a two-week window before it came our way. Not always accurate, but basically worked.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  19. Pickin and Grinin

I have seen snow on the pacific coast, driven thru the biggest blizzard in the pan handle, snow and ice storms in TN, to the bitterest snows of the great lakes.
    I still love it when it snows.

20. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Belated reply: I’m glad that stuff was a hit. I probably should add for the sake of clarity that I was not @Jaelus’ Secret Santa myself, though the prizes did come from me. His Santa shopped with me and solicited my assistance, you see. :)

PS- @Jaelus - I had previously acquired that French piece as a gift from @Chris B.

21. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

I want to apologize to my Santa. You gave me a very thoughtful gift and I let work get in the way and a full on storage phone become an excuse to piss around to posting photos of your gift and for that I am deeply sorry. So today I did what was necessary and found a way to take pictures no matter what to make things right.

lordmarcovan, Kasia and Kurisu like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted