2021 - Quarter Reverse Design - CoinWeek Article

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by paddyman98, Dec 29, 2020.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It's a pretty neat design..
    Capture+_2020-12-29-04-08-35.png

Quote - "The new quarter reverse design depicts General Washington commanding his troops through the overnight crossing of the ice-choked Delaware River prior to the Battle of Trenton during the American Revolutionary War. Inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” “CROSSING THE DELAWARE,” and “QUARTER DOLLAR.” Artistic Infusion Program Designer Benjamin Sowardscreated the design which was sculpted by Medallic Artist Michael Gaudioso." Closed quote

I want to share this CoinWeek article with you -
    https://coinweek.com/us-mint-news/u...ounces-new-washington-quarter-reverse-design/

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I like the coin despite it's short comings

4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I have heard some grumblings about the new reverse. I find it fitting and am in favor of it.

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Hopefully it last more than one year. Don't get me wrong I have liked some of the previous 4 and five a year designs. It would just be nice to have something that is standard, and has a bit more relief to the coin.

Nas, YoloBagels and paddyman98 like this.
  6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I like the reverse. Is it perfect? No. Is it interesting? I think so.
    I also like that they will be using the higher relief George as opposed to the recent "flat George".
    I see that it is supposed to be released on 5 April. Is this going to be the new circulating reverse for the foreseeable future?

7. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

At this point, I wouldn't be half surprised if the U.S. Mint decides to release another round of W quarters in 2021.

AmishJedi and paddyman98 like this.
  8. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

ugh.

9. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Maybe with Cuomo crossing the Hudson at West Point

10. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

Elaborate please.

11. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

@techwriter
    Lets see if Gen. Washington is holding his sword in the lead boat and traveling from PA to NJ that boat would be traveling west to east. Therefor the other boat is about to crash into crash into Gen. Washington boat... just saying.
    Also that night the region was experiencing a Nor'easter. [​IMG]

12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The reverse is a lot better than I've seen on other issues recently.

mike estes likes this.
  13. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I like the reverse design. I might even be tempted to buy the P & D bags since my Mom would have been 100 next year.

14. COOPER12

COOPER12 Well-Known Member

I like it much better than the new Silver Eagle Reverse

15. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

dwhiz likes this.
  16. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

The Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site in Alabama is also scheduled for release in 2021, which is the last of the ATB quarters. I wonder if they'll have both quarters in the mint and proof sets? Also, I wonder if they include a puck version of this new design.

dwhiz likes this.
  17. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

@Pickin and Grinin so far you seem to be getting your wish... the bill to do another series of quarters and all the rest of the hot mess died when the 116th Congress adjourned a little while ago.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  18. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

You can call me a happy camper then. Like @cpm9ball said, I might also be buying some bags of P and D quarters.

19. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Coin Week
    The design will begin circulating following the issuance of the final coin in the America the Beautiful Quarters Program.

20. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I'm anticipating urban legends popping up about the designer's initials - BS! bush2.gif

21. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It could have been better, it's fine it's just not really something you love but you don't hate it either. That said it is a lot better than a lot of designs that have been picked for other things.

Draft saved Draft deleted