2021 quarter imprints on head.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Chr83631, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Chr83631

Chr83631 New Member

Hello everyone , I have a question about this quarter I have. If these little dots on the four head is a error or is it after? And what is a good way of telling the diffrence. ? THERE ARE 4 looks to me pressed imprints on the head. Not sure from what but they seem to have corners. I hope the pictures show more. Screenshot_20240409_214213_USB Camera.jpg

Attached Files:

expat and alurid like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hello and a big Welcome!
    Easy Peasy! Post Mint Damage from the edge of another coin's reeds. It's struck or strike not "imprint". Also it's forehead Not Four head. That's just silly. LOL
    Thanks. biggrin.gif

VistaCruiser69 likes this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I will also say a hard hit from another reeded edged coin.
    It's is PMD - Post Mint Damage.

Not a mint error of any kind but great that you asked.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
    VistaCruiser69 likes this.
  5. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Coin Talk.
    The imprint left on the head of the coin you posted was surely made by being hit with the edge of another coin. It is post mint damage. The best way to tell is to look at the spacing between the imprints. These types of marks are common on coins with reeded edges that are transported in bags.

6. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Please do not post screen captures or photos of screens. Pixelation loses information, there's too much extraneous information, etc.

Many of the people you want help from simply ignore these kinds of images.

7. Chr83631

Chr83631 New Member

Thank you all for your insight on this coin and my apologies for the screenshot and misspellings. I appreciate all knowledge and time, thank you agian

alurid likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted