2021 New Morgan & Peace Silver Dollars

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by The Oddsbreaker, Apr 15, 2021.

1. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

Apparently Mike at CSN does. He only wants $399.95 + $21.95 S&H for each ANACS PF70 for six months. Roughly $2500. Ouch!
    2021 Morgan & Peace PF70 Set.jpg

Dearborn likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

You're kidding aren't you? I got stung when I first got interested in coin collection. I was a newbie that newnothing about coin collecting. I was watching the HSN and Mike was on the air. He spoke about how important it is that coin collectors have Morgan Dollars in their collection. I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. I bought a short tube of 10 RAW 1921 for $500. I haven't done anything with them except put them in NGC type coin holders. I did get an S and a D in the mix. It was one of the best lessons I learned about coin collecting. I've never bought anything elso off of the TV whether is the hucksters on The Coin Shop (I think that's the name.) or from Rick. I do like to watch Rick though. He taught me a lot about ASEs.

Dearborn likes this.
  4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Mezack used to be funny when he peddled junk like colorized state quarters. But with him selling all the new Mint releases at absurd prices in graded slabs, he’s absolutely dangerous to our hobby.

mikenoodle, UncleScroge and Dearborn like this.
  5. Jim Dale

He's not the only one jacking up the prices. They have really taken the Type 1 and Type 2 ASE's and AGE's to a new high in price but low in character. I like to look at the TV shows just for laughs. I have a friend that got several TYPE 2 ASE's that he paid $73 and he called one of those that resell. They were willing to pay $100. He was told that due to the cost to have them graded and slabbed, that was the best they could do. I saw them on sale at night at $229 each. I'm sure there are additional cost.

6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

He says some questionable stuff for sure but the pricing is just the nature of the venue. TV is expensive and the channels take a very significant cut of the sales to allow you on there. Add in having to buy things on the aftermarket, hes not making as much as people think. I would never buy from him but it's the nature of the TV sales beast.

Pretty much anything you see being sold on TV shopping channels can be found cheaper elsewhere

7. Dearborn

Dearborn Above average collector - Is that an Error?

Well, GOOD NEWS!! the Morgans are starting to move! Out of the 3 pre-sales the Mint held, the 2nd one is going to be mailed!! The 'D' and 'S' ones. My card got charged last night and the status changed from 'Backorder' to 'Processing'.

I wonder they didn't start with the first pre-sale. the Privy marked 'O' and 'CC' coins.
    Capture.png

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  8. UncleScroge

Good question. They're probably just now making the coins, and didn't even bother making them in the same order that they were sold in.

Dearborn likes this.
  9. Sting 60

Sting 60 Well-Known Member

Privy marks must take much longer to strike. CC and O sold out three months before the D and S but they ship the D and S before the privy morgans. WHA?

UncleScroge likes this.
  10. Sting 60

Sting 60 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling something ain't right in mintland.

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

There will never be anything right in 'mint land'........someone's always got a 'beef'. :)

LakeEffect, UncleScroge and Dearborn like this.
  12. Jim Dale

Are they being manufactured at the Mint that's indicated on the "coin"? They can't be since they're minting the "C" and "O". I was hoping that the Certificate would say where the "coin" were actually minted. Any idea where the "coins" without a mintmark be manufactured?

13. green18

Philly........

Dearborn likes this.
  14. UncleScroge

Philadelphia.

Dearborn likes this.
  15. Jim Dale

Since I did get any of the first set of Morgans, I didn't bother to look at the description. I assume that the "D" and "S" will be made in their respective mint since I didn't see anything in their description like the other "Morgans". I've got an original "D" and "S" Morgan and I want to get a nice two coin holder to put the 1921D with the 2021D and the same with the "D". Any suggestions?

Mac McDonald and Dearborn like this.
  16. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Just took a look: My order for an O privy mark Morgan is listed as “processing.”

Dearborn and UncleScroge like this.
  17. Dearborn

Dearborn Above average collector - Is that an Error?

not mine (yet) so I'm hopeful it will go to processing soon then..

18. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

The Morgan Commens. are nothing more than bullion...they can't even be placed in a Morgan Dollar Collection. I just don't get it!

Dearborn likes this.
  19. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Read the first sentence again.

They're Privy marks and have always been advertised as such

Dearborn likes this.
  20. green18

But they can be placed in 'a collection', and that's what we're all about here.........

Dearborn, LakeEffect and UncleScroge like this.
  21. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

2021-S Morgan processing! Trick or Treat!

Dearborn, green18 and Santinidollar like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted