2021 Morgans landed at my house today

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Vess1, Oct 27, 2021.

1. COOPER12

COOPER12 Well-Known Member

both my D's have nicks in the same spot . suppose it could be on the die

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. COOPER12

COOPER12 Well-Known Member

Mine are on the cheek in the same spot. They look like nicks but I could see it being on the die. One has a small die crack in here Bonnet to.

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

So it's basically got to be something during minting then. There's just no way multiple coins would have the exact same PMD

COOPER12 likes this.
  5. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I believe mine is a scratch. I’ve seen scratches every which way on these things now. Here is that Peace I got with the plastic off. I underlined the extent of the scratch. It starts and stops. Unless maybe it was a hair on the planchet or the die.
    0F08E3B8-49FF-4CED-ACE3-4F6993B0FBA8.jpeg

6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I dunno what it is but it's weird its solid across the cheek and then skips over higher points, if anything it should be the other way around. It could be a scratch but if others have the same thing some of the other issues its something else going on

7. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

This is a pic of my worst D. Rub on the neck and a nick on the chin.

Sending one in for grading. I just weeded third one out because of a small mark/luster break on reverse by arrows. Was very minor. Still very nice example I’ll just save that one in the OGP with my collection. This one, I don’t know…

3E87594D-FE86-4D6F-A2DD-B644D87FB8EA.jpeg

8. My Morgan P, D and S just arrived. All are immaculate, although the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. The CC, O and Peace are all on the way. I am really hoping the Peace is as flawless as the first three. TC

9. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Here’s a D that somebody else fought to get. This shows they clearly aren’t paying any attention to what they’re stuffing in boxes. 5872B651-2972-4229-B389-EA7CC08C1E01.jpeg

10. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

All mine came in. First coins I've purchased in like 7 years, but I don't really count these, as to me they are a speculative purchase, and if I lose money or break even, I will be giving them away as "bullion" Christmas gifts. It was fun to be part of the hurry to checkout at the US mint, all the chaos and frustration, I guess it's why people like Black Friday so much? :wacky:

Anyways, I don't have fancy camera pics of the coins, but here's the quick cell phone eye candy shot of the packaging.

:hungry:

PXL_20211030_161900441.jpg PXL_20211030_162011466.jpg PXL_20211030_162016025.jpg PXL_20211030_161837892.jpg

Bambam8778 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted