2021 Morgan dollars, ebay and presale policy.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by John Burgess, May 30, 2021.

1. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

You can always request a refund if it's not delivered on time. It sounds like that's the consequence of the "guarantee". The eBay policy just talks about how the required information appears in the listing. Is there any information in the listing that violates the eBay policy? A link to the listing in question would help.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

I waited several months for the last of the ATB Quarter series. I knew the guy was going to send me my quarters when he got them. I based that on his forty-some thousand customer reviews. I saw no reason to moan when the time passed his originally stated delivery date; saw no reason to contact him to complain either.

When it gets closer to October I'll order from one of these pre-sale guys at ebay if I'm still alive.

John Burgess and yakpoo like this.
  4. Douglas Ross

Douglas Ross Member

That's a great scene and too true! Ebay=caveat emptor!

yakpoo likes this.
  5. KIAC2

KIAC2 New Member

this chat is crazy laughter is the best medicine. Thanks a lot and a very respectful Memorial Day to all us coin talkers!

OldSilverDollar likes this.
  6. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

You missed a digit there: the mintage of these are 175,000 a piece.

Paypal has 180 days money back guarantee. So there is always that for the buyers to fall back on.

Presale on ebay is a sucker's bet. If the price of the item goes down before they arrive, buyers will be canceling orders. If the price goes up, sellers will cancel. These are the people who are trying to game the system to maximize their returns or minimize their costs. They are not the type of buyers and sellers who will honor their commitments.

OldSilverDollar and John Burgess like this.
  7. KIAC2

KIAC2 New Member

this chat is crazy laughter is the best medicine. Thanks a lot and a very respectful Memorial Day to all us coin talkers!

8. KIAC2

KIAC2 New Member

could you find 175K buyers at age 91 ? LOL

OldSilverDollar likes this.
  9. KIAC2

KIAC2 New Member

don't know how to delete a duplicate post on Coin Talk Update.

10. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

They absolutely could...if they really wanted to.

John Burgess likes this.
  11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

2001 Buff Commem still ain't cheap.....

12. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

13. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Ebay in good faith SHOULD only allow a seller to sell what they physically have in hand...leave the speculation and gambling to vegas.
    Ebay doesn't give a crap, because they are in on the payline...much like margin call games in the stock market.

14. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Honestly who cares. People are free to buy it or not. Half the sales probably havent even paid and won't until closer to the date anyways. Everyone is aware it's a presale and what that means. Buyers can cancel at anytime if they want to

15. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

That's what the moneyed interests are hoping for.

16. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Who cares, if people want to buy them they can buy them. Reporting things for a technical violation of an arbitrary random ebay policy is basically the definition of a I'd like to speak to a manger karen moment. If that's the worst worry in your life you have an absolutely amazing life. It's not hurting anyone, it's not fake etc, if they want to get that that's their choice

17. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Well this morning I'm getting relisted notices with a 30 day delivery date, and "no returns but backed by eBay money back guarantee"

No mention at all of October delivery.

I guess it's something, at least people after 30 days know by the listing they can get their money back if it takes longer instead of "delivers after october, no refunds no returns, no cancellations" which is against the policy.

It's not like I can list items I don't have and tell people "I'll get it for them in the next year just pay me and wait until I get around to it."

If that makes me a "karen", fine I'm a karen. Good thing ebay has "report this item" for karens like me or it would be just like etsy.:cat:

OldSilverDollar and Inspector43 like this.
  18. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

No it isn't, but it is cheaper than it was, and the price is coming down......slowly.

OldSilverDollar and Inspector43 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted