2021 Lincoln cent errors

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by DeanC12, Sep 19, 2021.

1. DeanC12

DeanC12 Active Member

Image_2021-09-19 18_12_57_661.JPG Image_2021-09-19 17_54_05_767.JPG
    20210919_182317.jpg

I will start by saying please excuse the bad photos , best I could do . I recently went to bank to get rolls of coins . Ended up with 20 rolls of 2021 Lincoln cents . Upon opening them I discovered lots of die cracks and chips . In the first photo you can see a die crack on the forehead and a die chip at top of hair between God and we . In the second photo there is also a die crack on forehead and a die cracks coming out of top of head right of we and what looks like a die crack across hair . This coin seems to be an early due state of a spike head . Last photo is a classic spike head . In my rolls I found over 100 each of the first two and 27 of the spike head in various degrees of die cracks . Is the mint having quality control issues? A couple of weeks ago I got two rolls of 2021 dimes and found over a roll of them with die cracks and die chips all over the face and hair. Thanks for reading and any comments are appreciated.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

That's cool , A die chip here and a die chip there ,here a die chip there a die chip..... LOL

4. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

And then a spiked head. LOL

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  5. JonJay

JonJay New Member

I have one of the same that goes into the cheek

Attached Files:

6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Keep looking for the rim to rim split die.

JPD3 likes this.
  7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Some of the "die chips" look like plating issues to me. I wish the mint would have made better choices and just gone with aluminum for the cents.

8. DeanC12

DeanC12 Active Member

Only the one I pointed out near top of hair in the first pic is a die chip . The rest are stains and such. Thanks for the views and comments .

Draft saved Draft deleted