2021 HR Peace dollars

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Dima, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Virginian

Virginian Well-Known Member

These US mint threads are always good for a laugh or two. So many bitter people . . . Thx baseball21 for some perspective.

LA_Geezer likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I'm excited for these. I'm happy they're planning on doing it how they're doing it. Don't like the idea of 30 different versions but if they're sold all year, everyone should be able to get one. I'm also looking at most of the 400th anniversary Mayflower offerings coming up and not knowing if I'll be able to get through to get any of them. At least people will be able to relax and buy these 2021 dollars at will.

4. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

This is still FAR FAR from a done deal.

HR 6192 passed the House and was sent to the Senate where it was referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs on September 23rd.

And there it sits.

The two hearings scheduled are for Financial Regulation oversight and the SEC oversight.

There are 386 bills refereed to this committee.

mikenoodle likes this.
  5. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Yeah I hear you. Have to get past the election to have a chance at anything getting done.

6. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

While reading this thread, (particularly the early posts), I was thinking about the idea that there may be a huge demand for the 2021 Peace Dollar specifically, and if they do happen to mint them all year there could be more 2021s than 1921s

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  7. Burton Strauss III

The only thing Congress has to do is a continuing resolution to fund the government past the 1st week in December.

8. Burton Strauss III

And... Congress (116th session) has adjourned without the President signing the bill.

It's dead, Jim. I'm a Doctor not a Mint Director.

Draft saved Draft deleted