2021 Crossing the Delaware Roll Question

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Skippy Topaz, Aug 4, 2021.

1. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

The mintage figures are posted and updated each month on the mint website, It's not my fault people don't use their brains anymore. Hahahaha

they are going to be 5x more seen in circulation than any state park or state quarter design, and on par with the sighting frequency of bicentennial quarters in the long run based on the numbers I looked up if the mint continues at this pace until the end of the year.

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

After doing some research, the washington crossing the delaware reverse was (is) to be the new permanent design for the quarter reverse. That was until they came up with the notable women quarter program (2022-2025), which effectively makes 2021 WCD quarter the only time in the next 4 to 10 years that the WCD reverse will be used. After the notable women quarter, they are slated to do Youth Sports quarters from (2026-2031). After that, barring any other programs, the reverse of quarters is to revert back to the WCD design.

John Burgess likes this.
  4. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Actually the legislation for the youth sports and all this jazz through 2031 says its up to the design committee or whatever for what comes next.

The law for the parks quarters were they could extend it for 2nd series of parks, but if they didn't it would then be Washington crossing after that park series ended. And then they moved on to notable women, sequicentenial (sp?) Sports, and then whatever the design committee or whatever comes up with to follow.

I don't find anywhere where it expressly says they can't use Washington crossing again, so I think they can, but I don't think they will do it as long as they have something else lined up to do and right now they have 10 years before they have to come up with something else to follow so this might be the last time we see WCD

Another interesting point, they are stuck with Washington on the obverse, but this new bill for women, sequescent, and sports all have that they have to have a placement difference on the obverse so you can tell them apart from the Washington quarters and state series from the obverses. I guess they realized with state quarters and ATB with no difference on obverse it was getting confusing which series it was until you flipped them over.

Anyways WCD has the same placement as the Washington quarters so I believe its part of that series. I think they are at least trying to have it make sense now.

Draft saved Draft deleted