2021 Crossing The Delaware finds

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by strosk, Jul 26, 2021.

1. strosk

strosk New Member

Hey all... I'm pretty new to roll hunting. I just got hooked a few weeks ago when I happen to see videos of ppl doing it. Anyway, I found something in some rolls of uncirculated 2021's and can't find any example of it on the Internet. Just curious if anyone else has seen this?? Appears to be 3 distinct phases of what I think are called die chips??

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CygnusCC

CygnusCC Roping the Learns Supporter

I'm not completely certain, but your CapEarly pic looks like it shows a lamination crack, and the other two could show delaminations.
    http://www.error-ref.com/laminations-in-clad-coins/

What confuses me is why would a lamination show up at the same spot on three separate planchets. hmm...

@paddyman98 would know for sure.

Welcome to CT!

4. strosk

strosk New Member

Whatever it is, it was pretty common in the rolls I got. 40-60 coins of each phase. Only had 20 rolls.

Thanks for the welcome!

5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Your first photo shows a pre die break depression. As this gets worse it will form into an interior die break and also cracks emanating from the same area. Your other two photos are different stages of an interior die break (IDB) and what follows after the depression. It's likely there was a depression there before the full blown break came. What you have is a nice progression, of which I would keep to show how stages occur.

Hookman, GH#75 and CygnusCC like this.
  6. strosk

strosk New Member

Thank you Tommyc03. Even being new to this, I could definitely see a pattern. Its pretty cool to find so many of these in one batch. I almost took all 20 rolls back to the bank unsearched since I have been focusing on W's and various older errors. Glad I didn't!!

CygnusCC, Hookman and tommyc03 like this.
  7. CygnusCC

CygnusCC Roping the Learns Supporter

Ok, yeah, that's a heck of a lot more reasonable - hah. Thanks for correcting my mistake @tommyc03.

Cool finds @strosk!

Hookman and tommyc03 like this.
  8. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I would have loved to have run into so many of these at one time. I had excellent luck with mint bags and doubled dies on the Homestead quarters but had to pay the premium to get them. But the bags also yielded quite a few chimney and roof die breaks also, in stages and similar to yours in the size of the chips. Congrats on these. And also welcome to Coin Talk.

Hookman likes this.
  9. strosk

strosk New Member

I'm still waiting to run across any of the Homestead errors. I saved out one that I think has "something" just above the roof and by the pump handle. Hoping to eventually get a nice leaky bucket. I started out getting $40 in rolls at a time. Latest bank run was $400. Maybe some day I'll try bags :) It got addicting real quick!

Hookman, tommyc03 and CygnusCC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted