2021 American Liberty

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Santinidollar, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Chuck_A

Chuck_A Well-Known Member

Like all governmental bodies they've forgotten their purpose was an obligation to the people to whicht they were elected to serve.
    I agree with you, every coin was conceived from a sketch not the other way around. I personally liked the 1876 proposed design by George T Morgan of Liberty holding the caduceus on the obverse and the eagle on the reverse, the design was used in a private issue in both gold and silver coins/medals $100 and $1. IMHO the US Mint falls way short of innovation in the design development of new products as compared with other countries and has done little to spark the interest of YN's. The Numismatics hobby definitely needs an infusion and a bucking horse is simply ridiculous, maybe the panel spent to much time at "Chucky Cheese" and were a part of token design for them and the likes of the "Mustang Ranch" in Nevada where a bucking horse would have more relevance.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Mainebill likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Chuck_A

It would be much more appealing if the horse were facing the users with a big toothy smile. Mr Ed would have been a better choice. What is the meaning of the horse? Bucking Freedom? Wyoming State quarter already has a bucking horse including a cowboy, are we supposed to interpret this new design as the missing cowboy being the people of the United States being bucked off and left behind while the government ran off with all the money? Or maybe the United States of Wyoming? I think this design would be best described as animal abuse and the ASPCA should have a say in the design. It could be followed by a series featuring barnyard animals and a special limited edition with rodeo clowns (colored of course) I mean c'mon, Canada had a Star Trek edition, Australia just released a square quarter and a spy coin that includes a mystery puzzle that you can win a prize if you solve the problem. I'm all for the colored clown series, I think it would be a great addition given the way things are and may spike some interest in YN's.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  4. Chuck_A

When does Congress ever listen to the public? After the election they part ways with the public that elected them and start battles of their own best interests.

5. Chuck_A

I don't believe your perspective is jaded at all but I do believe that the younger generation does not have any concept of what Lady Liberty and great leadership is all about. I trained young people who expected a good living with little to no effort and they failed miserably. I came from a generation who were taught morality and ethics and worked hard to make a better life and an appreciation for the better things when they were affordable not just buying everything and hoping for the best. Just a humble thought from another old guy.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  6. Chuck_A

How could it look worse?

7. Chuck_A

8. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I think some of the alternative versions better. I think anything supporting our troops is a good idea I think they can do better with their eagle designs. Let’s get something majestic and proud like the Gobrecht dollar /flying eagle design or St Gaudens $20 reverse

Santinidollar, Gilbert and Chuck_A like this.
  9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Would the average American, looking at a bust of an unidentified woman know that she represented Lady Liberty? I very much doubt it.

Chuck_A likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted