2020W Silver American Eagle Uncirculated coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Preif18, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Preif18

Preif18 Member

Hi
    Is there a shortage of how many 2020W Silver American Eagles produced? I ordered one on July 8th and it came today. It was a beautiful coin and went on line to order panther one and it said unavailable. Could they of sold out so fast?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If you listen to Mike "The Mouth" Mezack on TV, he states that the West Point Mint has suspended operations because of COVID-19. ~ Chris

4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

The last email I received from the mint said they were holding up production on numismatic items and focusing on business strikes while we deal we Covid. I would imagine there are shortages of 2020 numismatic coins at present.

Inspector43 and Chiefbullsit like this.
  5. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

First day sales were reported at 98,682 pieces.
    They were available for about 3 hours that day.

I don't know if they'll make more or not. I would think that they will try and make more but who really knows what will happen to this years coinage.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I gots mine.........but I'm subscribed. :)

7. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

@Preif18 According to the mint website, those coins are on Backorder. You can still order them, but you'll have to wait awhile for delivery. It says they are making more.

8. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I withdrew all my subscriptions. I've decided that the mint is putting out so much junk that I will no longer try to keep up. Good luck to all who are still trying to keep up.

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Well, I do.......just a little. :)

Inspector43 likes this.
  10. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Those are the W PROOF coins.
    We are talking about the W Uncirculated.

11. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

My son got his a couple of days ago. He has a subscription.

12. TDM2nd

TDM2nd New Member

I haven't been on here for several years but i had to sign up to vent at the mint. i know they have a monopoly here and can do what ever they want but still it burns me up. i have a subscription for this coin and they processed it, sent label to FEDEX, and charged my credit card for the coins shipped on the 9th. FEDEX tracking shows estimated delivery pending, (still says that today). called the mint yesterday and got the response "that i should wait another week to see if it will show up" i asked is this because of the covid-19 crap making slow to ship product, she said sure so i hung up. i looked at the next order that i had for the quarters placed on the 10th and it showed from pending just before i called the mint to arrived at fed ex location on the 14th. well now i started to get a little upset so i called again and insisted to speak to a manager and she told me after searching for a little while that the coins did not leave the fulfillment center and were lost (i find that hard to believe, 5 ounces of silver lost for over a week) so she goes and tells me to file the non receipt form so they can refund my money or as she put it investigate the situation. (i want the coins not a refund) and that i would have to reorder so like an idiot i took her advice, filled out the form and emailed it in, then i go to the web sight and discover that the coin was no longer available now i am pissed because with my luck it wont come back on sale. (hopefully it will though) and if i do decide to continue with my eagle collection i will have to get one from the after market at an unreasonable mark up. any ways i just wanted to know if any one here had a similar experience with this coin sale or is this a unique situation just for me? i have had no problems with the mint over the last fifteen years i guess i was due. i have read a lot of people have had bad experience with the mint now i feel you. any thank you for the venting.

bruthajoe likes this.
  13. TDM2nd

TDM2nd New Member

update to previous post above, first I apologize if I am high jacking this post and bringing it back from the dead, but because I vented my frustration at the mint I also have to praise the mint for coming through with finding my misplaced package on Saturday 7/18/20 and continuing with its journey to my address.I just received it today and all is well with the world again for me anyways.

bruthajoe and Inspector43 like this.
  14. COOPER12

COOPER12 Well-Known Member

im subscribed mine shipped but hasn't shown up yet. hoping it arrives soon.

15. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Here is my ASE W UNC 2020. 2020-W UNC ASE (Obverse).JPG 2020-W UNC ASE (Reverse).JPG

green18 and onecenter like this.
  16. COOPER12

17. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Mine are stuck in LA-LA land. My credit card that I had been using for years expired.
    I called and they said to update the card but weren't sure how to release it for shipping.

18. COOPER12

mine have been in Texas since the 10th , usps told me there still on the way but no updates yet

19. bruthajoe

bruthajoe Still Recovering

I thought we were talking about the proofs here. I was confused, as I am reading this thread on Oct 4th the US mint website says 2020 Eagle PR's are currrently unavailable but BU2020's are available. I came to see why. Whats the chances of being sent a BU ms 70 from the mint? I can get one already graded and encapsulated by pcgs for the same price as taking a chance with the mint.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  20. bruthajoe

bruthajoe Still Recovering

21. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

@bruthajoe
    there a outfits that buy a bunch of coins, send them off to be graded.
    Now if a enough come back MS 70 the 70's will sell at an extremely high dollar then they sell off the lesser grades just to get rid of them

Draft saved Draft deleted